Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1991 164L
27,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shade is a beautiful thing and we are really thankful for our mighty oak as the summer heat approaches mid 90s here on the left coast.

I relocated Old Blue into garage for more harvesting of parts for the 164S rehab project.

We can get three cars out of the sun under this wonderful tree as driveway is a full sun event most of the day.

Attachments

·
1991 164L
27,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
574 Posts
Increasingly I lament not buying the house I looked at 10 years ago which had a 10 bay garage. Oddly enough, the house was tiny - maybe 1200 square feet - so I mostly passed it by knowing I'd need to expand it (the house that is). :D But at least I'd always have plenty of indoor work and parking space.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
When we moved here to Pa the house we bought had two 2 car garages. My wife liked the rest of the house, which I couldn't care less about, but the garages sold me. They are air conditioned in the summer and heated in the winter. Life is good.

·
1991 164L
27,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The house I first had here in VB I could get 4 cars - Fiat Spider. X1/9, Lancia Beta and Scorpion in but not really have much room to move.

House in FL I had next I could get a 164, GTV6 and Alfa Spider in but again without much room to move.

Our Beach house had a short one car garage just long enough to get a 164 into.

This current house's garage is really just big enough for two sedans as my work benches run the entire front wall. Right now with spare parts, engines etc., on right side it is now a one car garage.

Driveway is full three wide though and since I pavered in the rose bed next to it almost 4 wide.

BB2 Rehab project now next to fence in old rose bed.

However, the summer shade provided by our mighty oak is a blessing to keep our daily drivers cool so driveway not used much for driveable cars.

·
Registered
8,861 Posts
We moved from the apt where we worked and wrenched in a greenhouse (too hot in summer, too cold in winter) to having a garage big enough to hold 2 motorhomes. There's also a carport, room for 3 cars comfortably in the driveway and plenty of street parking. It's a smaller house, 1300sf, on a tidal creek, about 100' across at high tide. Lots of geese, ducks, deer, eagles and moles. These also plenty of room for Alfas:)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Air conditioning sounds good.
My house has two garages, it just happens I can't use the old one since we rebuilt the house and the city hall didn't authorized us to put ramps on the sidewalk. It's now a convenient firewood store as I can get bits of eucalyptus (cut and dried) from a local handle factory for 30€ the ton and just have to throw it in from the truck bed.

The other one is big enough for 3 cars, 4 with effort but I don't park the 164 on the first row as my father can't park the MB without hitting the bumper on the Alfa. Fortunately I have a big yard and when I'm not at home I leave the 164 on the back driveway under a car cover. Looks like a work of art there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That setup looks pretty sweet. Every time I park my Alfa under a tree near my place, it gets a bunch of red seeds all over it when I come back in the morning! And I just got a citation last week for "not moving my vehicle" for over 3 days, although I drive my Alfa everyday for school / work. Needs to be in the garage...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts