Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a list of my favorite CDs when hauling *** around in my Alfa during summertime:

Beretta 70
Beat at Cinecitta Vol 1-3
Shake Sauvage
Vampyros Lesbos
The Revenge of Mister Mopoji
Coffy Soundtrack
Cleoptra Jones Soundtrack

The first two feature great pictorials of Supers and GTVs. Very cool.

Of course I should add:

AC/DC - Powerage
Black Sabbath - any album
KARP - Self Titled, Suplex or Mustaches Wild
Stooges - Fun House or Raw Power

Those are for the Urban Grand Prix.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Tunes? Hah! I got a Alfa Engine to ease my mind to.

Well for the last 2 month's i've been playin 0-6000rpm's, and once in a while I listen to 2nd gear crunches.

I use to listen to my 15 year old radio till it broke. It has a 5 memory program.:p

1 - 93.1 - Classic rock
2 - 95.5 - Classic rock
3 - 100.3 - Jigga rap
4 - 105.9 - bling bling
5 - 106.7 - New rock n roll

When I go on long trips, I bring the ghetto blaster (boom box), it has a CD player.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,362 Posts
Very timely, I just replaced my OEM Milano casette deck with a Blaupunkt CD player this weekend. After 15 years, the original deck finally died.

So far, I've played:

1) Black Sabbath - Volume 4
2) Nashville P*ssy - Let them eat p*ssy
3) Apocalypse Always - new Alternative Tentacles comp CD
4) Husker Du - Zen Arcade
5) Bob Dylan - Real Live

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Well, since my GT Junior has no radio, I am limited to my discman.

When the radio is on, it's Arrow (Classic Rock) 93.1 or KROQ (Modern Rock) 106.7

As far as CD's go, I always like throwing in "Start Me Up" by Rolling Stones everytime I get in the car. Once the car is running fine and all warmed up, I throw in "Get Psycho" by Disturbed.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
My first Spider, a '74, had an eight-track player in it! I only had a Black Sabbath tape to play in it. My second Spider did not have a radio, nor did it need one. My first GTV's radio did not work, but I was never able to drive the **** thing anyways. My current GTV has an AM/FM radio with just two preset buttons that work. 95.5 and 93.1. I get too frustrated going through all the Spanish stations to go anywhere else on the dial.

I usually leave the radio off and just listen to the engine and tailpipe tunes.

Radar Love is a great driving tune! Any thing by Led Zeppelin, AC/DC and Metalica works for me.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
I listen to it all from A to Z just depends on the mood. A funny thing this post made me remember is that I once got a speeding ticket listening to Rebel Yell by Billy Idol.

Me: "In the midnight hour...she cried more, more, more, ....

Police car with flashing lights: "Pull over to the side"

Hahahahahahahah!

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
In the Summertime, by Mungo Jerry " . . . if her daddy's rich take her Alfa Romeo, if her daddy's poor just do what you feel . . . . "

Beach Boys - Any

Billy Idol - Any

·
Registered
642 Posts
Like smestas almost everything ( no rap, but then again it's NOT music !! )

Favorite cd's:

Meat Loaf - Bat out of Hell

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

Brian Setzer - Dirty Boogie

If you haven't tried it, fast swing music is awesome for fast driving.

Later Daddios !

Dan
67 Duetto - no radio and will never have one
74 GTV - getting radio/cd that plays mp3's directly so I can make custom cd's with 10 hrs of music

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
blues...

The London Sessions with 'howlin Wolf and Eric Clapton (best blues album ever!!)..

Wifie-poo loves Josh Grobin...

The 3 tenors on a long trip in the late evening is OK...

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Like some of you, my Spider has a great set of tunes pumping out of my Sub-Woofer equipped custom exhaust system (I use two cherry bombs in-line and nothing else!), so the music is the throaty rasp of an Alfa 1300 with twin 40 Webers.

But, for enclosed cars, I groove to such fun tunes as:

Radar Love - Golden Earring
Low Rider - War
Frankenstein - Edgar Winter
Echoes - Pink Floyd (best for midnight drives by the ocean)
Toccata en Fugue in 'D' Minor - JS Bach (anytime!)
Ride of the Valkyries - Wagner (bad politics, but good music!)
Riders on the Storm - The Doors (in a thunderstorm!)

A couple of 'newer' (well, newer than the stuff listed above)albums that have great Alfa tunes include:
The Soundtracks to 'Me, myself and Irene', 'Wayne's World II and O Brother, Where Art Thou?'

Almost anything by - Steely Dan, The Stones, Sheryll Crow, The Clash, REM, Santana, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd!

Occasionally:
Frank Zappa - When I'm in the mood for loud and obnoxious (hmmm, actually that's quite often!)
Frank Sinatra - for a cruise, you can't beat Frank!
Jazz Music by artists like Myles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Bill Evans, Stan Getz, John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, Theolonius Monk, Weather Report, Roland Kirk and Chet Baker (to name a few)
Blues - The dirtier and raunchier the better!

Man, I DO love music!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nothing worth an Italian music to drive an Alfa Romeo ! Eros Ramazzotti, Andrea Bocelli, Vivaldi, etc. whateven you want if it's Italian :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
The Italian theme...

Gino Paoli - Gli Anni Sessanta (the '60s): Sixties italian pop. You will hear this CD playing in cafes in italy almost any day of the week.

Renzo Albore - Quelli Della Notte, Vols. 1 & 2.: The "soundtrack" to an italian TV show from the early '80s. This was something like Saturday Night Live. Lots of great music with double entendre lyrics.

Francesco de Gregori - Bufalo Bill: Italian Pop/Ballads. It reminds me of the Eagles Desperado album, with an Italian accent.

Vasco Rossi: The most popular Italian rocker of all time. Any of his CDs are great. My personal favorite is Cosa Succede in Citta (What's happening in the city).

That's my two cents!

Garrett

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
AC/DC's "Highway To Hell"
Judas Priest's "Screaming For Vengeance"
Guns-N-Roses' "Night Train"

Grrrr, I need to install a CD player!

·
Registered
203 Posts
the Spider has a kickin' stereo. But my favorite tunes for turning up to deafening level are most anything by Aerosmith - watch out, this is the kind of thing you blast and don't see that state troop you passed going 93 mph...and then can' t hear his siren since the tunes are so loud.

Joe ****er -Feelin' Alright * quintessential driving with the top down song in my opinion.

Maria (shut up and kiss me) - Willie Nelson with Robbie Robertson.

Afro Celt Sound System with Peter Gabriel - When you're Falling

and this blues/ blues rock guy out of New Orleans Lenny McDaniels - an album called Bad for Me.

I have to remember when I drive through residential areas to turn it down, but when I'm on the highway " this one goes to 11."

I also put in one of those satellite radios which is great. I hate commercials and when I'm sitting in traffic I don't want some one yelling at me to come by and drive away with a new Ford and I'll even get the credit I deserve... and then a commercial about some memory enhancer. XM Radio is the way to go. I can listen to what ever I am in the mood for -country, rock, comedy, news, jazz and hear new stuff i didn't know about yet.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Michael Franks - Barefoot on the beach

Tower Of Power - Any of em old or new

Dwight Yokam - Live LP

74 GTV
86 Spider V
79 Alfetta - project
74 Vespa 150

1 - 18 of 18 Posts