Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never get tired of seeing this thing... 4 headlamps versions are so much more pretty than the later cars! As much as I liked the 4c in the background, it was nearly invisible next to the 33

Hmmm... Can't figure out how to load more than one image at a time using my phone?

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I remember seeing this very car in the Alfa Museum during a trip to Italy for Alfa's centenary celebrations back in in 2010. I must have been 17 at the time, but with very expensive tastes - The 33 Stradale was my absolute dream car - I would still give anything even just for a ride in one. The idea of finally seeing it in the flesh was playing on my mind all throughout the trip.

I don't think I'll ever forget entering the room in the Museum where the 33 lives, and seeing it in the flesh for the first time. It left me completely speechless - I must have taken pictures from every angle, and stayed with it for a good 15/20 minutes or so, taking in every single aspect of that wonderful design. I would say it's the most beautiful car ever made by some distance. I might never see one again, so it was a great experience! I also agree about the headlight designs, though if I ever have the chance to buy one I doubt i'll be too picky!

Thanks for sharing :)
Haydn

·
Registered
506 Posts
thank you for the photo...great car that should have been built in greater numbers.
The museum car prototype seems very different (in many details) from the one in period photos which was also used on an italian film in period...i also prefer the twin headlights

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i had to stop by the show again...this time i brought a camera

there is at least one more quad headlamp car i believe. if memory serves its in japan. this one may be cooler than this museo car with the inverted wiper. period photo once show it had chrome trim down the hood. this is the 4th stradale ive seen in the flesh... i just love how asymmetrical the headlamps and windshield are!

Attachments

·
Registered
506 Posts
davbert...i like your artistic photos of the alfa romeo 33 stradale...the one in period had the details you mentioned plus also a different shapped alfa shield that curved in the centre with a chrome strip running throught the centre of the front grille opening. It also had wing mirrors fitted on the wings racecar style...agreed that car would be cooler if it still exists.
I think some replicas were already made in Italy using surplus t33 tooling/engines but not sure if they were exact match....who knows...interesting the designer of the alfa 4c was interviewed at a show when it was launched and his eyes kept focusing on the 33 stradale in my opinion.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks for posting. Seeing Stradale photos always improves my day!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
33's

I never get tired of seeing this thing... 4 headlamps versions are so much more pretty than the later cars!
Here you go...Dave:
Alfa Romeo Product Announcement on Livestream

We had a local club member (John Murphy) in Atlanta that bought a Tipo 33. He rented Road Atlanta for the cars 'shakedown cruise' and let his good friend and partner Paul Spruell have the 'first honors'. The throttle stuck wide open on a straight away and Paul had to 'ride it out', through a turn, much faster than anticipated!

Thanks again for the RBM tip!
Mark

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ironblock for the link.

they had a couple run at the monterey historics awhile back. finicky to start as i recall with the mfi, one mechanic was squirting fuel with a squeeze bottle into the stacks in order to fire it up.

ps super annoyed with the new site layout... had a hard time to log in...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts