Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm just trying to pay for my Certificate of Origin, but on the payment page, it asks for the "tax code" or "codice fiscale". As far as I know, this is a thing that Italian citizens all have (kind of like a SS#), but- for those of you who have purchased your certificates-- what do you put here? I emailed Alfa Romeo, but who knows when they'll respond.

Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Diagram

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can I ask, how do you get to that page? I've been sent the link to the form they want filled out but have not gotten to a payment page after filling out the form. . .
You fill out a form and they do the research. Once the research it's completed they let you know. They then send a link to the payment page. One paid a few days later you get a pdf copy in the language you selected in this case English for you to see and they send the original certificate in italian to your address.

·
Registered
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You fill out a form and they do the research. Once the research it's completed they let you know. They then send a link to the payment page. One paid a few days later you get a pdf copy in the language you selected in this case English for you to see and they send the original certificate in italian to your address.
Yes, exactly. You fill out the info (they also had me send the engine #), and THEN they actually email you the link to pay for it once you tell them whether you want just the pdf only or the pdf plus the paper certificate, and then they send you th the link to pay.

·
28,546 Posts
Sent you PM Conversation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, exactly. You fill out the info (they also had me send the engine #), and THEN they actually email you the link to pay for it once you tell them whether you want just the pdf only or the pdf plus the paper certificate, and then they send you th the link to pay.

Is this the best way to find out if the car is numbers matching? I did find the PDFs on the board of the model year engine numbers and it is definitely within the correct range.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It all depends. When i sent information request for my Montreal they could produce everything except for the engine specifics. I hope thet can find yours. If there is arecord they will find it. Good luck

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Hint: If you include your engine number with your query, you may have a confirmation. If you do not, they will very likely avoid providing an engine number? That is not to say that they kept track of engine numbers for all cars manufactured after 1960 or so. But there is evidence that suggests they did for a great many cars. ALWAYS provide your engine number with your query. The worst they can do is to say in some way that the number does not correspond to the original. However, if it does, they are likely to confirm it. This comes in part from what the folks at FCA have learned from monetizing Ferrari historical data.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts