Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,183 Posts
Excellent! I have one of myself in my Giulia AUSCA spider 45 years ago but it is not digital, so I photographed it here. Great shot from when these cars were new!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Great shots. This is a fine idea for a thread related to period family/cars photo. I have a 1968 portrait of my father near his stepnose. I must find it and scan it.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Excellent! I have one of myself in my Giulia AUSCA spider 45 years ago but it is not digital, so I photographed it here. Great shot from when these cars were new!
Gordon -
I'm thinking that the car has stood the test of time..
The driver??????

·
Registered
692 Posts
Did the car come in that box behind it in the photo ? Nice photo by the way:)

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
In the day, the head scarf was the fashion when driving in an open car.

Audrey Hepburn. (sigh):cool:

Tried to get Lois to wear one.

No--but she looks as good as Hepburn in a cloche hat she wears.

:cool::cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Giulia in the ferry ….

...from Copenhagen to Oslo, summer 1990. Was an unforgettable tour, from Italy to Norway.
Ciao

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
This is a great thread! If it were open to other cars, I'd post a pic of my parents heading off on their honeymoon in 1946 (in the Austrian Alps) in a '40s era BMW riding on some jeep tires they scavenged.

Regardless, I think the rack on the alfa provides a great perspective for evaluating arguments of "original" versus "restored" debates found elsewhere on the BB. These were always enthusiast cars, modified as needed to get the most out of them.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Again mum, camping with dad, I suppose in Holland during 60’s. Nice rack, isn’t it?
Ciao
Mum's quite a looker, thanks for posting

·
Super Moderator
12,183 Posts
This IS getting to be a great thread! I have NOT held up as well as my AUSCA spider.
I LOVE the Giulia on the ferry. Got any more pictures Andre?
Jerry, the Alfa DID live in the box until I rebuilt my garage! I wasn't about to leave it in the weather! That 1/4 inch plywood box even had a padlocked and hinged front door!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts