Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1968 Alfa Romeo GTV Originally owned by Muhamed Ali
FAB! GEAR! Step back into this sleek white Alfa Romeo and you will be transported back in time to the Swinging '60s ... 1968 to be exact. With Muhamed Ali in his Trans-American Alfa-Romeo racing car. This Alfa Romeo GTV was bought new by Mohamed Ali, 1750cc Euro, all original glass, interior, etc. Full restored body eggshell white. Starter, carbs, timing, shocks, drive lights, brakes, engine, frame, exhaust rebuilt. A#1. Can peg tach at 8000rmp. Matching engine and body numbers. Rare. Stainless bumpers. Carpet. 5-speed. All gauges working. No body filler or future rust guaranteed. Fast fun car. Full documentation is available. Only $12,000, delivered.
[end quote]

Yeah I feel like I'm in the swinging '60s when I get up to 8000rmp's. Groovy baby.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/68alfa2617.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
no, i think thebest part is that it can peg 8000 on the tach! engine is probably gonna need rings if the owner pegs 8000 so be prepared to dump another $5K into the car when you find out the bottom end is fried.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's so much to poke fun at in this ad.

"all original glass"
- thank God it's not that dreaded aftermarket glass

"Starter, carbs, timing, shocks, drive lights, brakes, engine, frame, exhaust rebuilt"
- how do you rebuild the timing and "drive lights"?
- frame rebuilt? yikes!
- why would you rebuild the exhaust? just replace it.

"Matching engine and body numbers"
- is there such a thing for Alfas?

"Only $12,000, delivered"
- only?
- delivered anywhere?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts