Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been busy, haven't posted in a long time. There will be one less Super in Maryland--time to move up to Cape Cod. I (fortunately) narrowly avoided selling it in the past and now there is room for it on the moving truck.

Andrew, will need to change the Giulia records.

Looking forward to some Cape Cod backroads. Should be up there late next week.

NC

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Bring it by with your mask on.. I have a white '72 .. I've never seen any other Super on Cape... 1500 Old Post Road Marstons Mills MA 02648... The roads are inviting but not very sporty.. just so you know.. lots of 35-45 mph country lanes. Rt 6 is where i have to get up through all the gears. You'll get plenty of appreciative thumbs up... and toots from women twice your age. It's a "hen" magnet. The AR club is pretty active in the Boston Area and we usually have some good participation in tours.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bring it by with your mask on.. I have a white '72 .. I've never seen any other Super on Cape... 1500 Old Post Road Marstons Mills MA 02648... The roads are inviting but not very sporty.. just so you know.. lots of 35-45 mph country lanes. Rt 6 is where i have to get up through all the gears. You'll get plenty of appreciative thumbs up... and toots from women twice your age. It's a "hen" magnet. The AR club is pretty active in the Boston Area and we usually have some good participation in tours.
Thanks--will come by after my obligatory 14-day quarantine. I'll be out in East Harwich. As far as Supers, I never did see another in Maryland, either. Visiting Berkeley CA, different story--saw 3 out there on one trip. The Cape roads are definitely more country rather than twistees, but beats the heck out of driving Maryland roads (close in, near DC). Good to hear about tours--may finally be able to get a chance to do some.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Join up with the AONE club and or CTAROC. Hope to see you this summer on one of the drives - don't forget this fall with the Watkins Glen Alfa event.

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
beats the heck out of driving Maryland roads (close in, near DC).
That's cuz you never got out my way. Some really nice hills and twists in western MD. I get it about the beltway though. Every time I was stuck in traffic there, which was every time I drove there, I thought, "how can they stand it?" Enjoy your new digs!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I’m in Easton Ma with a Nuova Super . Just curious if you can recommend any local Alfa repair shops with experience in vintage alfas .

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Hi I’m in Easton Ma with a Nuova Super . Just curious if you can recommend any local Alfa repair shops with experience in vintage alfas .
Accel in Waltham... Tell John I sent you ( Rick L from Cape Cod) .. Leroy installed my SPICA and are pros with Alfas.. very honest and professional. Fran O'Connor in Worcester (Vabene) has a Nuova he just picked up last year. They can get busy so be patient....http://accel-automotive.com/

What type of work do you want done?

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Hey Rick, thanks for the mention, actually last weekend there were two Super’s on the Cape, was in Hyannis over the weekend, will connect after the insanity passes, stay healthy all!

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Hey Rick, thanks for the mention, actually last weekend there were two Super’s on the Cape, was in Hyannis over the weekend, will connect after the insanity passes, stay healthy all!
YEAH! Hope Hyannis wasn't a "business" trip.. My old college roomie from Dayton in college (Cincinnati) was in the business and stopped over (Toledo)for a beer on the way home from Detroit. Said his " passenger" didn't need one. As you could see in Hyannis everything is VERY abnormal around here. The roads are as busy as ever .. going everywhere but to dining joints and the mall. Lots of deniers, Easy to figure out who voted for who.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
Was just an overnight getaway. As a last responder I needed a break, was crazy, the canal looked like it was the middle of the summer, lots were full, Main Street, Hyannis pretty much deserted.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Was just an overnight getaway. As a last responder I needed a break, was crazy, the canal looked like it was the middle of the summer, lots were full, Main Street, Hyannis pretty much deserted.
Yes Main St is pretty dead but everywhere else is just normal traffic from dawn to dusk.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Accel in Waltham... Tell John I sent you ( Rick L from Cape Cod) .. Leroy installed my SPICA and are pros with Alfas.. very honest and professional. Fran O'Connor in Worcester (Vabene) has a Nuova he just picked up last year. They can get busy so be patient....http://accel-automotive.com/

What type of work do you want done?
Yup I’ve been talking to the folks at Accel just wondering about another others. There’s the guy in allston also. I just picked the car up the gears are kinda grindy with down shifts . Want make sure the clutch is set up properly and if either the synchros are gone or if that’s just the normal. I had a couple of duettos in the 80s never had down shifting issues. Just raised a family( got rid of the kids) and have been looking to get an Alfa for 20 years . Watched the prices skyrocket and fell in love with Guilias. Got this off of BaT. But just want make sure it’s well sorted mechanically. Body is dry n solid, steering box leaks a little but has minimal play and seems tight. All the electrics work. A little clunk from rear end when I accelerate from a stop , engine pulls great seems well sorted . Solex carbs are fine. Moist areas but no drips or leaks .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yup I’ve been talking to the folks at Accel just wondering about another others. There’s the guy in allston also. I just picked the car up the gears are kinda grindy with down shifts . Want make sure the clutch is set up properly and if either the synchros are gone or if that’s just the normal. I had a couple of duettos in the 80s never had down shifting issues. Just raised a family( got rid of the kids) and have been looking to get an Alfa for 20 years . Watched the prices skyrocket and fell in love with Guilias. Got this off of BaT. But just want make sure it’s well sorted mechanically. Body is dry n solid, steering box leaks a little but has minimal play and seems tight. All the electrics work. A little clunk from rear end when I accelerate from a stop , engine pulls great seems well sorted . Solex carbs are fine. Moist areas but no drips or leaks .
It’s funny cuz owning these in the 80s there was little to no resources for parts and diagnostic issues. Now the with internet and the aftermarket parts from Germany, U.K., NL, and the professional Rebuilders are really great, the support us really reassuring . But I just got back into it again. Ive owned 5-6 Saab’s and currently my wife , daughter and myself DD Saab’s so I’m used to the internet hunt.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
I think the car has only 25000 miles on it from what I see. It's not unusual on cars that are babied in Italy... That said...I would bleed the clutch and it is a terribly frustrating job that can be very rewarding in about 30 minutes with a pressure bleeder..I wouldn't consider any other way. They are cheap on Amazon and bullet-proof. You need to make sure the hydaulics are up to the job. You should inspect the bellows/gaiter at the slave to see if it is wet from leakage..If it is seeping there is air in the lines. ...Not unusual at this stage of the car's life. also inspect your GUIBO for deterioration. It might contribute to a clunk .. Nice car

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think the car has only 25000 miles on it from what I see. It's not unusual on cars that are babied in Italy... That said...I would bleed the clutch and it is a terribly frustrating job that can be very rewarding in about 30 minutes with a pressure bleeder..I wouldn't consider any other way. They are cheap on Amazon and bullet-proof. You need to make sure the hydaulics are up to the job. You should inspect the bellows/gaiter at the slave to see if it is wet from leakage..If it is seeping there is air in the lines. ...Not unusual at this stage of the car's life. also inspect your GUIBO for deterioration. It might contribute to a clunk .. Nice car
Thanks! I bleed the clutch to no avail and am assuming the guibo needs attention .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts