Alfa Romeo Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Plus alfaowner is more about modern Alfas, not our old stuff.

We all just need to give ourselves time. These sorts of changes are frustrating but I've been through this many times on a few different sites and in a couple of weeks you will be wondering what all the fuss was about.
Pete

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
I am a member of AO as well as ABB and the german site Alfisti (the german site is the worst of the 3)

AlfaOwner has a decent classic forum, but it is not as in depth as ABB, not by a long way. And you will be hard pressed to get any info on SPICA or L-Jetronic simply because 98 % of classic alfas there came with carbs.
Of course it deals with more modern stuff too (after 1994) simply because those cars are driving around on our roads....alfa snuk out of the US in 94 leaving all you guys in the lurch, and now is trying to sneak back in.

But there is no doubt, the ABB is by far the most knowledgable and friendly alfa site out there, bar none...........it is just a pity the accountants get ahold of it to try make more money with advertising.
As old blue eyes would say "That's life"

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
The "old school" format was set up for ease of use, with real words, not icons, symbols, and hidden menus. The new format is just techie artsy f*rtsy, simplistic for those who cannot read? Heck, even many young techies cannot read or write script, their loss.

·
Registered
7,380 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
The previous BB format was pretty darn clear, generally NOT needing a tutorial in order to use it.

·
Premium Member
9,697 Posts
@Sketchl
Same format as this one. Ciao!!!

Just learn it. All the forums will change, they have to. Website platforms get old and start to slow and not function. Took me a few days to get use to it, then it was like clockwork.

What I see here is you guys can't or won't learn a new website format? How did you get this far? How many times has this site changed, 2-3 times and you made this far. It's also funny that you guys are posting just fine. Does not seem that hard.

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ciao,

Note that I’ve got no gripes about changes, that’s just part of life........

My gripe is about the amount of unrelated advertising that I’m bombarded with daily, not just on the forum, everywhere!!! I’ve cut Foxtel and went Netflix as am over all their BS ads. I also understand that there wouldn’t be a forum if there wasn’t any avenue for revenue but now it’s reached my threshold.

So instead of visiting this site daily (actually if I’m honest somethings more) I’ll just visit on the weekends, if I remember.

Note that there is a limit to the amount of BS consumers have to put with, we’re not all marketers algorithmic ‘sheep’.

Saluti
Sergio

·
Super Moderator
3,535 Posts
Attention all BB Members

The change has happened, it's a big change and it has resulted in widespread unhappiness among many users. We moderators did not initiate these changes, were not consulted on them and we can't reverse the clock on any of the changes.

At present, multiple threads with multiple posts on multiple issues are going unanswered because the Verticalscope IT Administrators are only monitoring the following post for User/Member complaints and queries --> https://www.alfabb.com/threads/we-are-live-community-feedback.689346/#post-8492405

Accordingly, this particular complaint thread, together with all other complaint threads and any new complaint threads have been locked. Please post any complaints, queries and issues to the thread linked above, which is monitored by the Verticalscope IT staff who have the power and ability to fix things.

In the meantime, we moderators have created a "Tips & Tricks to survive the BB Migration" thread:
https://www.alfabb.com/threads/tip-tricks-to-survive-the-move-to-the-new-bb-software.689538/. All members with any tip, trick or POSITIVE suggestion on how to make navigation around the Nuovo BB easier and more user friendly can post it here. Please be aware that negative posts will be deleted and repeated complainers will be disciplined as is customary on the Alfa BB.

Sincerely

Your Moderators

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.