Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey There

I at some point read that people do actually modify their engine mounts to lift the engine up a bit to have more clearance for lowered cars. Has anyone on here done this? I'd love to have the car reasonably low (Alfaholics C-Kit e.g.) but I'm scared I might ruin the pan even though Switzerlands roads are in pretty good shape

Thanks!
Alessandro

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,745 Posts
I'm with Ranz. Just get a sump guard.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
It seems counter productive to lower the car and move the weight of the engine higher. In 50 years of Alfa ownership, I've missed that one.

I've had an Alfaholics fast road suspension on my GT since 2002. My car has 14" wheels and a hot 2L engine that gets used as intended. I have a pan guard but it has never been on a car. I don't use it because it would lower the Alfa even more than it already is. I've just learned to be wary of rough patches of road and take all parking lot speed bumps slowly. It's a small price to pay for a much improved suspension.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Yes, some owners have 'self clearancing oil pans' !!

One could also use the very early 105 lower pan section as it is thinner than the later ones and would provide more clearance.

Supprised the 'old experts' didn't suggest this already....;^)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts