Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't think I could do it but it actually looks pretty good. Now all I need to do is attach it to the car. Can anyone please point me to a source for the fasteners that attach the stainless trim on the Berlina rocker panels?

·
Premium Member
21,212 Posts
They are plastic buttons that the trim presses over. I'm not aware of any other Alfa that used them.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a box of 25 that I think will work from clipsandfasteners.com/. Six bucks so it's worth a shot. They are advertised to fit in 3/4 to 1 inch stainless and are plastic with a tail that appears to act as a spring to hold it in. I ordered them around four o clock and just got an email with a tracking number that says they have shipped. If nothing else they are fast!

·
Premium Member
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do!

·
Premium Member
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang these guys are fast! Looks like they will work. I pressed one hooked into the trim onto a test piece of 20ga and it will hold well. The only thing is I might have to make some small pieces to back up the clip so it stands proud of the trim when pushing it in. That isn't to high a price to pay for having it on and stay on.
clips_berlina.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
How do the tabs then attach to the rocker? Do you have to drill holes?

I’m looking to retrofit spears to my later Super that didn’t have them originally, and the spears I have only have a bolt on one end and then nothing else. Your solution looks to be the best bet to get these affixed properly.

·
Premium Member
6,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't get an email about your reply or I would have answered sooner. Yes holes are required but think of all the anit rust you can spray on the back of the rockers. At least that's what will make it easier for me:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts