Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Series 4 spider powered Alfetta sedan recently had the cover to the air flow meter (see photo attached) turn up missing. Is this part available separately or does someone have one they'd like to part with in their scrap pile?

If not can I fabricate one?

Thanks,
Bernie Bennett

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,471 Posts
I doubt it is available as a seperate part. I'd call Alfa Parts Exchange to see if they have a dead AFM they'd be willing to yank the cover off for you.

The original would have been glued on with some fairly strong adhesive. My guess is the cover had been removed to 'adjust' the AFM's flap door spring. Then whatever glue was used to replace the cover let go.

No reason not to fabricate a replacement yourself if that is within your abilities. It is really just a dust cover. Are you gonna make a chrome plated cover to add some bling?

·
Registered
what part?
10,151 Posts
go to your local pick and pull.. lot's of bosch covers there..on bmw's volvo's. even look at nissans. same l jet. jut built by nissan, but the cover won't make any diff.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i would buy Azzura's deal. those AFMs are rare and very expensive. i have a whole extra one waiting for the day i need it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts