Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Tried Googling with no success.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but does the Motronic 4.1 system have a disabling feature built into the ECU? If so, can anybody advise me how it would be possible to implement? (ie: installation of a switch perhaps, that enables/disables the ECU for car theft concerns???)

I may well be barking up the wrong tree, but I seem to remember seeing or hearing something like this.

Car is a 75 TS.

Tar muchly,

Glenno ;)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
it would seen very easy to just put in a relay to the power feeding it. or to the fuel pump.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
G'Day Glenn,

Sorry, I lost this thread for a while.

Yes there is an anti theft input on the ECU (pin 8). Applying +12V to this pin supposedly does something but I haven't tried it myself.

However you will probably find that there is no pin in the ECU connector to apply 12V to.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G'day Craig,

I had a feeling the ECU had that capability, but it does sound a bit tricky. I doubt those particular pin connectors used in the ECU connector would be easy to find.

I might try the relay option as slyalfa suggested ;)

p.s just moved to East Malvern, whereabouts are you?

·
Registered
738 Posts
keep it simple. burgle the 5 pin plug to the cabin & put a switch in the fuel pump supply, use a 30 amp switch. or switch the ecu supply on the same plug probably less than 5 amp. Craigs webiste has the drawings.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
G'Day Glenn,

I doubt those particular pin connectors used in the ECU connector would be easy to find.
Actually they're the same as those used in the injector, cts etc. connectors.

p.s just moved to East Malvern, whereabouts are you?
Just below Moorabbin airport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts