Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Please someone help me decoding Motronic error code 1265... I do own a car disc but it's stuck in my laptop which is dead so I cannot look at it. The symptom on the car ('91 S4) is a rough idle, almost as if I have an older Nord engine with carbs and racing-spec camshafts. Everything else is fine.

Thank you very much in advance,

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,083 Posts
Huh...1265 is the output to the check engine light. It means it's not getting a plausible voltage drop across the bulb in the dash.

I think this is indicative of some other problem with the wiring, though. Any chance you got some water into the ECU connector behind the seats or something?

There's no other codes?

·
Registered
210 Posts
1211 Battery Voltage Improper

1212 Idle Throttle Switch Or Circuit

1213 Full Throttle Switch Or Circuit

1214 Engine Temperature Sensor

1221 AFM Or Circuit

1222 Idle Adjustment Actuator Or Circuit

1223 HO2S Regulator Inner Adjuster Reaches Minimum Or Maximum Value Of Correction

1224 HO2S

1225 Air Temperature Sensor

1243 Fuel Pump Relay Or Circuit

1244 Purge Control Solenoid Or Circuit

1245 Output Stage Of ECU For Variable Valve Timing

1251 ECU Faulty

1265 Output Stage Of ECU For Check Engine Lamp

4444 No Recognized Malfunction

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the replies.

The car sat in a garage for the last 2 months or so, so no water damage as far as I know. There is no other error code other than the "1265" at this point. I checked for loose connectors under the speaker board behind the passenger seat, but everything was tight there. I am bit scared of removing & cleaning the connectors, but I may do that if it continues to display the same 1265 error code.

Thank you again,

·
Registered
622 Posts
Help for the laptop

I know this is not Alfa related, but.....

To get the disk out of your laptop, you should be able to poke a paperclip through a small hole, usually found on the door of the cd drive( probably near the open/close button). the door should pop open even without power.

Good luck
Gabriel

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hello all,

Please someone help me decoding Motronic error code 1265... I do own a car disc but it's stuck in my laptop which is dead so I cannot look at it. The symptom on the car ('91 S4) is a rough idle, almost as if I have an older Nord engine with carbs and racing-spec camshafts. Everything else is fine.

Thank you very much in advance,
Hey,
Just saw your post about the cd/dvd stuck. Power on and use a small screwdriver to pry open, slowly, then the door should come open and you have access. Sometimes they open with prying without power.

Some have a small area on the cover for access to push and open.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 90 alfa with motronic control, trying to get the codes, when I turn key on, not running and push and hold ecu button the check engine light just stays on and every 1 second it goes out for a split second, and just keeps doing that, any ideas about that ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts