Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just got off the phone with Verizon, getting 25% off a new battery for my Razr phone, which gives me about 1.25 hours of talking time. The battery used to last much longer, but lately its been pretty lame. Anyone else having the same issue with this phone? I love the phone, just hate the battery life. Thanks for the replies,

Jon

·
Registered
414 Posts
Same here. We have two RAZRs that are close to two years old. The battery in my wife's phone started acting up about six months ago and mine just recently. I think hers "died" a bit sooner due to poor charging practices. Having worked at a Motorola dealer for years, I tend to be a bit more careful charging my phone.

Anyway, I think under normal circumstances, these batteries are good for about a year and a half. Here are a few thoughts suggestions:

- If you have a Bluetooth headset or car kit, the battery life is really diminished.
- Charge the phone only when truly needed. That's kind of tough to do if you only have one charger; I have a charger at home and at the office just in case. Let the phone fully discharge and then fully charge it. These batteries don't have a memory like the older batteries but they do have a limited amount of charges typically. Try to limit half-charges.
- There is a battery life saving feature on the phone so make sure it is set. It doesn't work very well based on my experience but every little bit helps.
- Don't waste your money on an aftermarket battery - they are poorly made and don't really save you much money.
- Motorola batteries have a one year warranty so if you can remember, take advantage of it. Keep your receipt and take the phone back and tell them the battery no longer holds a charge. They should give you a new one but again, make sure it is a genuine Motorola. This new one they give you will also have a one year warranty based upon the date code. You can find date code descriptions online so you can get a new battery again before the warranty gives up on this new one (but by then you'll probably be ready for a new phone).

I was thinking of getting new batteries for our phones but we are due for new phones in about a month so I think I'm just going to wait - the new RAZR2 is very intriguing.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Thanks for the information Craig! I had heard that RAZRs are notorious for having poor battery life.

My wife and I each got V3M RAZRs about 6-8 months ago. My wife's phone battery started draining rather quickly, especially considering we really don't use our phones often. A Verizon technician installed an update "that's supposed to address this issue". My phone was denied the update because my battery holds its charge rather well - over 1 week. I still felt like I was missing out on something though. heh

My wife's phone is back to its rapid draining habits - 1-1/2 day with only 2-3 minutes of usage. So it's back to the Verizon store. I'll push for a new battery this time.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a new battery under warranty, but there is another trick that verizon told me. There is a battery saver option in the tools menu. You turn this off, and you are supposed to get 50% more battery life. So far mine is doing good, but then again it has a new battery, so I am not sure if it is what they did or the fact that I have a new battery. But so far then battery bars seem to go down at an equal rate, not the "its full, then its half empty, then its dead" syndrome I used to have. Give it a shot and tell me what you find,
Jon

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
The RAZR itself is a good phone, however, they bogged it down with loads of programs, mp3 players, graphics, cameras, movies, sounds, etc... and that is why the battery life sucks and will always suck. My very first phone, a nokia, was the best phone ever; its battery lasted 4 - 7 days! Oh well, I like my Treo and it holds a decent charge, but certainly not the best either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts