Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry i know i have asked this before but didnt really get a good answer. what is a good motor rebuild manual actually just a good manual to rebuild the car?

·
Premium Member
27,377 Posts
Sorry i know i have asked this before but didnt really get a good answer. what is a good motor rebuild manual actually just a good manual to rebuild the car?
What kind of car might help knowing?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question on that first one you say is good for the motor mine is a 79 will that still work?

·
Registered
811 Posts
My copy covers from 82 to 91 ???
Not sure why the one from Centerline is 82 to 94.

In the forward it says it covers Bosch L-jetroins and Motronic 4.1

What type of fueling does your 79 have.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Preference

What is the consensus on which yr(s). 2ltr is preferable to build up for a serious track day/ race engine?

·
Premium Member
14,791 Posts
I have a 79 too. I rebuilt my engine using the factory manual that is on the cardisc. It covers engines with Webers. The same procedures are used for the later engines with extra information for VVT and Bosch FI.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Alfa did not publish an engine manual for the 2l Spica cars. Alfa instructs the use of the 2l Euro Alfetta engine manual in conjunction with the USA 2l Tech Specs and Spica Engine Management manuals.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
to be honest i dont know much about this car yet i havent really looked at it. it has been in my garage all winter. i know it is fuel injected if that helps. i just need a manual because i am pulling the motor and i havent ever done something like this before and just wanted to make sure everything is put together right.

·
Premium Member
27,377 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts