Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we are getting some good general questions about the convention, I'm going to start this one.

One of the first ones from Murray- trailer parking. The hotel does have plenty of good space for trailers.

I'll post threads about the individual events soon.

Eric

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Eric,
I have my brother in law coming with me to help, what do I need to do to have him on the Paddock with me at Waterford.
Have him sign the wiaver, which will be at the gate.

will he be at any other events? If he's the only other of your family attending, I think we can call him another attendee, so he can get a badge (contact the registrar about that).

Eric

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Hi Eric,

Thanks for starting the "Questions" thread. I looked on the Waterford Hills website, but didn't see anything about pet restrictions. I'm assuming there are none, and we will bring Dino the German Shepherd Dog (better to ask for forgiveness, rather than ask permission. Right?)

Since we are getting some good general questions about the convention, I'm going to start this one.
Eric

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
George
No problem.

As far as I know, pets are ok, as long as they are leashed. Which I know Dino is always like that at events. I think you'll be ok.

Eric

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not 100% sure yet, but I may be looking for a place to leave my car trailer near Detroit while we tour/vacation in northern Michigan after the convention. Any AROC members have a secure place to store an open trailer with car for a few days?

Michael Conrey
Smithsburg, MD

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not 100% sure yet, but I may be looking for a place to leave my car trailer near Detroit while we tour/vacation in northern Michigan after the convention. Any AROC members have a secure place to store an open trailer with car for a few days?

Michael Conrey
Smithsburg, MD
I would ask the hotel if they would be able to do that- relative to where people live, they are sort of remote- the back lot should be pretty safe.

Eric

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Hi Eric,

I looked up the contacts for the convention but I did'nt see a "registrar" on the contact list for getting a badge for my bother in law at the TT?

I also wanted to ask you about the "2nd driver" in the AutoX, right now I have my bother in law put down as the "second driver" but he doesn't want to drive my Spider and I would like to have someone else take his place..............do I talk to the "register" about this too and can I do this at the event or does it have to be done before hand?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Murray
The registrars are Dave and Andy Hammond- you can reach them at motorcityalfa at aol dot com. For multiple entries into a single driving event, I assume you paid for two drivers- as the cost is per driver... But we can always refund your money- the autocross really doesn't have a limit to the number of drivers.

Rich- I *think* you should get an e-mail soon about the event. I'll ask Dave about it when I send an e-mail. But we are not sending basic paperwork. BTW- since they haven't contacted you for your PayPal registration, that means all the information came through perfectly! It's turned out that the PayPal store I set up wasn't exactly the best thing in the world to do.... oops. We needed to go better tech.

alfaflyby- where did you psot the message? Our message board is a mess- just bombarded with spam, and I don't think we can keep up...

Just two weeks and one day until we start! Wow... :eek:

Eric

·
Premium Member
26,820 Posts
Murray
The registrars are Dave and Andy Hammond- you can reach them at motorcityalfa at aol dot com. For multiple entries into a single driving event, I assume you paid for two drivers- as the cost is per driver... But we can always refund your money- the autocross really doesn't have a limit to the number of drivers.

Rich- I *think* you should get an e-mail soon about the event. I'll ask Dave about it when I send an e-mail. But we are not sending basic paperwork. BTW- since they haven't contacted you for your PayPal registration, that means all the information came through perfectly! It's turned out that the PayPal store I set up wasn't exactly the best thing in the world to do.... oops. We needed to go better tech.

alfaflyby- where did you psot the message? Our message board is a mess- just bombarded with spam, and I don't think we can keep up...

Just two weeks and one day until we start! Wow... :eek:

Eric
He posted it on this BB under 164 tab just asking about Detroit meeting not knowing it was our National Convention. Hope he joins up for convention.

Here is link to convention site: http://www.motorcityalfa2007.org/

·
Registered
186 Posts
Still looking for a place to park my trailer while the family and I explore the northern regions of Michigan. Anyone with a secure place between Detroit, Lansing or Bay City would be convenient.

Michael

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Motor City Alfa 2007 - General Questions Thread

Eric:

I registered but I haven't received anything (except the paypal receipt). Should I be getting anything in the way of paperwork?

Thanks,

Rich D.
I received an e-mail from Dave Hammond less than an hour after registering for the convention via Paypal.

turbolarespider said:
I would ask the hotel if they would be able to do that- relative to where people live, they are sort of remote- the back lot should be pretty safe.
I don't know about parking accommodation, but the hotel has been very nice, responsive, and has accommodated my requests.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All
You should remind your friends that this is going to be a great show for Alfas- we have a lot of tickets left for the Meadow Brook event, plus we *think* there will be a special showing from Alfa Romeo directly.

Between the GTA's that will be shown at the track on Thursday (and there is no entry fee to watch), the BAT cars, and a really strong collection of 1900's that will be in attendance, this should be a pretty special gathering of Alfa Romeos.

And I'd love to see more of you personally, too.

We sure could use a few more attendees. :)

Eric

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Motor City Alfa 2007 - General Questions Thread

All
You should remind your friends that this is going to be a great show for Alfas- we have a lot of tickets left for the Meadow Brook event, plus we *think* there will be a special showing from Alfa Romeo directly.

Between the GTA's that will be shown at the track on Thursday (and there is no entry fee to watch), the BAT cars, and a really strong collection of 1900's that will be in attendance, this should be a pretty special gathering of Alfa Romeos.

And I'd love to see more of you personally, too.

We sure could use a few more attendees. :)

Eric
What is the current registration count?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is the current registration count?
Close to 400.

We've sold about 350 discount tickets to Meadow Brook, and we have 500.

Based on early registration, we thought that a WHOLE lot more people would come, but perhaps all of that early registration filled events we didn't expect to fill.

E-

·
Registered
4,043 Posts

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
Alfa 2007 - General Questions Thread

Hi Eric,

I was looking at the Hilton on google maps and thought I would post the link. Is the parking lot down on the lower left side where we park our trucks and trailers?

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=3600+Centerpoint+Pkwy,+Pontiac,+Michigan+48341,+United+States&sll=42.6068,-83.248043&sspn=0.008102,0.019956&ie=UTF8&ll=42.605375,-83.250999&spn=0.002026,0.004989&t=k&z=18&om=1
Murray,

Since you seem to have the correct address in the link above, I'm assuming you mistyped "Hilton" instead of "Marriott."

1 - 20 of 31 Posts