Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What interesting comment's have you recieved from first time/second time passenger's, or random people in your Alfa Romeo?

A few of mine:

"This thing is like a Go (pitched the car sideways in a corner) -Karrrrt!"

"Oh! We're going in the bond car" - Friend

Speedo at 65, little brother says:

"uhhhhhh the speed limit sign says 30"

"you have the fastest car in the world huh?" - Lil brother

"It's a fiat, it's going to be a piece of sh*t" - my dad

"Why does it smell like gas" - date

"Oh I've never heard of those" - everyone

Those are just a few comments. It's the tone of voice, that makes them hilarious!

Let's hear yours.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
A retired Southern Gentleman referring to my '69 Spider:
"Hmmmm, isn't that something? Modern cars are really getting sharp looking! Is that one brand new?"

A cop who pulled me over for speeding in my red Milano Verde:
"What year Jetta is that?"

My 15 year-old son on his first ride in my Alfetta Track Monster:
"You should name her Christina!" (reference to the Stephen King car - Christine)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Some random kids: "WHOA!!, what kind of car is that?"

My Uncle in the passenger seat: "Well the front is italian, the top is french, the back is spanish....we made it."

Kids: "Thats so cool man"

I thought is was funny. lol :D

·
Registered
378 Posts
88Milano, I can't even count the amount of times I've been asked that same question in my Milano.

When riding in my 164:

"Woah, all these buttons here makes me feel like I'm in an airplane."
my respnsone: "That's right baby, this thing flies!"

(Last night in the 164)
"Hey Fabrizio, thanks for bringing the 164 tonight. This back seat is sure a lot bigger than the one in your Milano. I didn't even get a cramp in my leg like last week!"

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A buddy get's in, and rub's his finger's on the 2000 emblem on my lower dash, and says
"**** 2000!!!"

and I replied, "engine size, not year."

"oh" (looked a little confused)

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
A little while ago, I let a co-worker (Audi driver type) drive me Spider while we were on our way home from lunch. I thought he was doing pretty well, shifting high in the RPM range and scurrying along at a pretty good clip. He turns to me and says "boy you really feel like you're going fast in these Spiders, don't you?" At the time, we were doing 70mph in a 45mph zone coming around a corner. I said "well, you ARE doing 70!"...to which he said "oh! That one's the tach, huh? I thought I was doing 45!"

He has since bought a 164 :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
When I had my 164:

Lady at the bank ATM,(add southern draw) "Is that one of those Eagles?"

No it's an Alfa Romeo maam

"Oh, who makes it?"

Ummm....Alfa Romeo

confused, "oh, never heard of that one..."

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
A co-worker, who drove nothing but big American iron, proclaims after his first ride in a GTV, "Holy S**T! Howzit you you can give it GAS when going around corners? I always have to slow down!".

Gotta love it.:D

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
"Wow! That was fun!"*

I married her after that:D

*Get your minds out of the gutter, boys! She was referring to a great drive through the country on a twisty, deserted road.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
DMV inspection guy - "We used to have taxi that looks like this in Taiwan!!" (turn out it's true, they had Berlina taxi)

"Who made headers for a 30 year old car?" friend drooling over the stainless stell 4-2-1 header.

"Wow!! Four wheel disc brakes" a ricer with a Civic EX (drum at back) when my GTV was on the flat-bed tow truck

"Alfa likes me!" my gf, when she got the seatbelt working, and I couldn't.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Yellow 1974 Spider Veloce
I took my first Spider for an oil change at some small Vietnamese (only mentioned for you to imagine the thick accent) shop. After the guy walked around the car FOUR times he asked, "What kinda car?" I looked up the filter for him.

Black 1981 Spider Veloce
"That's my car!" From some drunk girl smoking outside of a bar as I drove by.

"Are you married?" From another girl as I was parked. I was still single and I gave her a ride.

"What kind of car is that?" From some crazy guy that was talking to himself until he noticed the Spider. After I told him, he asked, "A what?" I then told him, "It's like a Fiat." because I wanted to get rid of him. "A what?" "It's Italian," I replied. "Oh." Then he continued on, mumbling to himself.

"Is everything OK?" From a woman in another Spider as I was getting a speeding ticket.

"Holeeee Sh****t!" From my sister during a drive through some fast sweepers.

"It's shiny." When I tried to impress this girl at work (my future wife) by showing her my Spider. She was not impressed.

"It's too bumpy and I'm cold." After taking my girlfriend (future wife) for a ride in the Spider.

White 1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
"It's cute." The first thing my wife said when we picked up the GTV for the first time.

"That has to be an Alfa Romeo!" From some guy in a parking lot.

"What kind of car is that?" From a girl across the street from where I parked. After I answered her, "I want it! Give it to me!"

"Nice Alfa!" Someone yelled from traffic while I was filling her up the other day.

Oh yeah, I got a 'thumbs up' from Rtb Racer as I roared under an overpass on our way to Skatelab.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
while putting gas in my 64 giulia spider someone came up to me and said:

"when did they put the engines in the front of karmanghia's"

friend... "alfa romeo, who makes that?"

date while getting in my spider: "where are the air bags?"
my reply: "under your shirt"

·
Registered
333 Posts
From one of my daughters when I first brought the 65 Giulia Ti home (Bright Blue body, Red Interior). " How embarrassing. You're driving a clown car." The other daughter just thought it. She's still in the will.

From my wife when she saw the same car. Well that's ugly! It's OK with me if you want to drive it on the track. It's better than you wrecking one of the good cars.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
The only comment I can add is:

A little boy (around 5 years old) came up to me (when I was 18 and had not had my GTV for long) while I was unloading the boot and wanted to know if it was a racing car ...

He couldn't have said it better :D

No wonder I used to get followed all the way home from work by a traffic cop ... well atleast once, and I was not happy about that because ... well you know why ;)

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
today

Kind older gentlemen in a toyota bus (the one where you sit over the front wheels).

Beep Beep

"I love your car"

"I love it. I love it. I LOVE it I LOVE it. Want to trade? I replied, I'm good. "I use to have one, I love it!"

Edit: Heres another one

"It look's like a squished mustang" - friend

"What the heck is that?"
"Alfa Romeo"
"I've never heard of that, it's alright" - Biker at a Harley shop.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
An acquaintance of mine told me not long ago "Joe, your cars are very odd... like you!" after riding in my GTV.

I told her that "odd" was relative and that was a very bold statement coming from an 18-year-old bisexual who loves 3-ways!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Wow Joe! Gee, and all this time I thought the sexual revolution ended after most of my generation ended up married with kids! :D

I guess it's still going strong, huh?

Am I missing anything?;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts