Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I continue to drive myself to distraction trying to make this 1989 Milano Gold I've got look like it just drove off the showroom floor! NOS trim bits from Europe, etc. OCD kinda stuff!

Anyway, I've got a couple of cracks/chips in the plastic trim piece that fits between the rubber/felt window squeege and the door trim. Photos are show. below. Please ignore reflection of car wash towels, etc. drying on the fence. Early spring in middle GA.

Is this thin strip of hard plastic a separate part # or is it part of the rubber/felt squeege or part of the graphite grey window trim (part numbers 60529618 and 60529619 for the front left/right doors) ? I suspect the latter, since it is way more expensive, but would appreciate some expert advice. Thanks for any help!

100_2432.JPG
100_2433.JPG

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It is part of the squeegee portion. Mine got blasted by hail several years ago look like mice to little bites from it!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark: That is excellent news! With my luck, I figured it'd be part of the grey window trim - which is hard to find and $$$ when you do. Many thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like what I need are the side window channels: Alfa Romeo part # 60529636, 60529637, 6052968 and 60529639. If anyone on the board has these parts or knows where I might be able to source them, please let me know. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul: You've found them!!! Many thanks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I ordered a set as well. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now, the next question - how do you install these things? My guess is that the grey window trim must be removed and the squeegee then installed. Is the grey trim secured with screws, or double-sided tape? Any suggestions for removal/reinstallation without screwing up the window trim would be most helpful.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I am eagerly watching how you go with this, as i may well have to do it in the near future!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Looks like the grey exterior trim is secured to the door by metal clips along the top edge - much like the old BMWs with which I am familiar. Not double sided tape - which would be kind of a cheap cheat anyway. Here is the workshop manual for the doors: http://www.thesimp.org/workshopmanual_75/Group 55 Doors.pdf

I wonder if you even need to remove the grey door trim to replace the outer rubber squeege? Looks like it might just clip into place from the inside, once disassembly is complete. That would be a bonus. Perhaps all will be obvious when the parts arrive.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a new NOS gray trim part I purchase from Europe a while ago. It does have a small thin strip of double sided tape on the bottom, and clips along the top vertical edge. The rubber window trim clips into a Chanel on the inside of the gray plastic trim. I don’t think it would be easy to replace the rubber trim without removing the gray plastic trim part first. I will ask my shop, and let you know.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just got off the phone with my mechanic. He owns a 1988 Milano Verde he has had for 20+ years. The best way to replace the window Chanel rubber strip is to remove the plastic gray trim. He has not done it in a long time. But he thought if you use some blue painters tape, along the bottom of the gray trim to protect the paint on the door. Then you could try a plastic panel tool (looks like a Wedge). You might need to use a hair dryer to warm up the tape along the the lower edge of the gray plastic trim. Be careful not to over heat the plastic trim.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes I did, I thought it said 75/90. We will see when we receive the parts.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, my parts showed up yesterday. These may well be the proper rubber/flocked window scraper/seals for our cars (profile looks pretty similar) but would need to be cut to fit.

However, and most importantly for me, they do NOT include the thin hard plastic trim piece between the grey door trim and the rubber window scraper - which is were the defects in my parts lie. So, unfortunately, the search continues..... If someone could use some rubber window scrapers/seals, let me know.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Darn’.... that’s no good...

when you get a chance could you please throw up some pics of the relevant pieces.

it would help the rest of us see what the differences are, as they say a picture paints a 1000 words.

cheers.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brian:

Looks like you were right all along! I need the entire lower door trim. I'll start scrounging around. With my luck, I figured it couldn't be simple......

I'll try to find some time tomorrow to post up a few pix of the rubber window scrapers/seals I received.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, me, too! I want it, but I don't want it THAT bad. Plus the shipping charges posted are completely unreasonable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts