21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am getting ready to retest some spare 164 fuel pumps I last tested in 2008 so I may put some up for sale very soon. I use two-cycle gas mixture so the pump impeller has some corrosion protection.

I also have 3 tank covers with broken off black ground wires for pump. So why does black wire and not red wires break off beats me? I have to repair those 3 cover ground wire connection points.

See rusty cover with previous black wire repair by using screw and nut and sealant to attach black wire to upper black wire by drilling out stud in middle of round insulator.

Also I have a pump and basket assembly from my daughters wrecked 164 tank ready to test/preserve and maybe sell. I had to install a sending unit tank cover sealing gasket under shrunken rubber pump mounting bushing as fuel pump bushing was floating inside inner filter basket. Note SAE 30 short hose.

I also reused a lower pump filter pan rubber pad that was missing one of the three locking rubber dimples. So I used JB weld to seal it to pan bottom.
Hi I'm looking for the entire fuel pump and sending unit the whole thing can you help me ?

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That is from Euro spec 164. That unit looks fine. What is wrong with it? Where are you? You will need to probably source the individual pieces to repair yours.

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Registered
3 Posts
View attachment 1611561 View attachment 1611561 I'M TRYING WITH NO LUCK TO GET MY HANDS ON ONE OF THESE CAN SOME ONE HELP ME FIND ONE PLEASE
Ebay is telling me that the seller doesn't ship to the states but he keeps telling me he corrected the problem but we're still in limbo so I'm asking around if you or anyone you might know might be able to help me . Also what is the alternative part and where to look

·
Premium Member
26,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The listing I linked you to the lister is in the united states.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts