Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I am bored without my Montreal, I decided to tackle a to-do list item of compiling the auction results for Montreals the past two years from my issues of Sports Car Market.

I am not claiming this list to be comprehensive or complete. If others have data to share, I will be happy to keep a running list compiled and send back out periodically.

Thanks, JP

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
John I got some ALFA projects to work on. You can assist me if you wish. There are presently 3 on evil bay. Don't know if your watching those auction? Gold one sold in TX for 36K couple weeks ago. It needed a total restoration. Had a friend look at it for me.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me get my plane ticket!

Had not looked at eBay, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Mark. I will add it to the list.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The Scottsdale AZ car I'd love to have is now on eBay...
Alfa Romeo Other Montreal | eBay
Mark

The beautiful red Montreal that Scott M. sold for 176K at Scottsdale Az. was resold this week by Gooding at Amelia Island. As I understand the car sold for only 100K (110K with commission) which represents a great car for the money.
It was previously advertised in Hemmings with a 140K asking price: 1971 Alfa Romeo Montreal offered for auction #1811138 | Hemmings Motor News

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-montreal/381777-spot-monti-sale-14.html

Mark

·
Push hard and live
8,981 Posts
I thought the car that fetched $176k was white?

·
Registered
9,249 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The white Montreal did well, I think it went for 99k. The red Montreal that belonged to Scott McPherson in AZ sold for $176K. Hard to beat that 'resale red' color...

Mark

·
Registered
737 Posts
There was a Red car for $149,500 and a White one with Yellow headlights for $129,000, both on Ebay. Neither sold. The White car did not have a Front Spoiler, but the dealer mentioned that one would be available to the buyer. Interesting...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have you guys seen the Montreal on eBay in Vancouver, BC?
A "buy it now" of U$ 60K and not a single bidder?..., have the prices collapsed.?.., it seems to be a very good and decent example..., maybe the color?
My car is now beyond the asking price and is yet to be painted/assembled.
Did I miss the boat....again? LOL

Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just looked at this one. It is not clear how must rust there may be
(which would be somewhat surprising) and it does not seem to have been recently serviced save the SPICA.

That being said, I would hope it will go for more than the $60K. I will be watching this auction closely.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
They a coming out of the woodwork. Ugly colors as well. Just scum trying to make a buck. No Orange ones?? That's weird!! There are 6 listed on evil bay.
Like the white one 129.5K. 2 look like basket cases, the rest look to require some serious attention. Wouldn't spend that much money unless I checked it out.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Have you guys seen the Montreal on eBay in Vancouver, BC?
A "buy it now" of U$ 60K and not a single bidder?..., have the prices collapsed.?.., it seems to be a very good and decent example..., maybe the color?
My car is now beyond the asking price and is yet to be painted/assembled.
Did I miss the boat....again? LOL

Alberto
FYI, more pictures of this car (including some underbody pics) can be found on Mike Sheehan’s web site here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Alberto and Ruedi. I think this is a car I went to look at some years ago after it had arrived in Vancouver. The owner was going through quite an extensive renovation, and was a nice guy. He had removed most of the AC, and as I needed a condenser shroud and fan purchased a number of the AC parts from him. I felt at the time that, although not original, it looked very nice in that color. I have no affiliation with the current owner or seller. Cheers, Dale.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Mark,
Was this once a red car or is that rust proofing under the car?
If I recall correctly the ad stated that the car had just been repainted its original blue color. It is most likely red rust proofing that is shown under the car. I can't imagine it had previously been painted red with the 'bizarre' original blue and turquoise interior.

It would probably help the seller if they showed photographs before, during and after the new paint job and perhaps a video of the engine running on its 'external' fuel supply.

Mark

1 - 20 of 29 Posts