Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've read some posts on this forum where was said that normal unleaded fuel (98 RON) was ok to use in old Alfa's. However, that was about the inline 4 cylinder engines. Is the same applicable to the V8 of the Montreal? Can I use "Super 98", or V-Power, or whatever, or do I have to use a lead replacement?

Thanks,
Gillet.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yes unleaded is fine. The Montreal has hardened valve seat inserts so unleaded wont damage the valves. I run 98 unleaded in my Montreal and probably are fairly hard on it engine wise unlike most owners, and touch wood to date have had no problems.

Regards
Phil.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have spent quite a few tanks of 99 octane V-Power in my Montreal and haven't had any problems either.

Oh, and touch wood ;)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Congratulations! It appears to be a nice specimen. Are you living in Belgium?

Oh, and are those tyres the original Michelin XWX's? If they are, think twice if you want to test the top speed :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, Belgium.

And they are indeed Michelin XWX's, which will be replaced before going anywhere near the top speed, don't worry ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Congratulations with you new monti. I've seen pictures of her when she was for sale, and she is a very nice monti..
I myself (alse from Belgium), that also buy a monti last week.
Less perfect than yours, but the price was also a bit lower..
This is my monti.

Maybe we can do a Belgian monti meet? :)

I saw that you registered your monti on Oldtimer-plates. I'm planning to do same, next wednessday
Is there something I should worry about?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts