Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Getting very close to (finally) putting the motor back in the Montreal. I now want to install the starter on the engine and, for the life of me, cannot figure out the mounting.

I bought the Monty with the engine taken out and apart and cannot find any schematic from the parts diagrams or maintenance manuals I have.

From the pix I have attached it seems to me like I am missing a mounting bracket of some kind.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Push hard and live
9,613 Posts
There is a forward bracket that I don't see. It mounts to the back of the starter and to the two unused, threaded holes in the block just behind the Spica pump. The rear holes in the starter flange use bolts that go through the bell housing flange.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the fast reply! Anyone have a pic, drawing or spare one? Not sure what I do to source one?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Thank you for the fast reply! Anyone have a pic, drawing or spare one? Not sure what I do to source one?
I would check with Larry D. at APE or ask anyone parting out a Montreal on eBay. There are a couple being parted out on the German site eBay.de

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark, both are great suggestions! Thank you!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi John. I have a spare. Drop me your address details and I'll get it away to you.

Regards
Phil.

·
Richard Jemison
7,381 Posts
Forward bracket

Once the starter is mounted to the bellhousing (and there is a spacer between the bellhousing and the engine) it would be easy to fabricate a forward mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts