Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in sourcing new door glass for my Montreal for both the vent and roll up windows. Mine have scratches and small damages caused by the PO's failed attempt at restoring this car. I see that front and rear glass is available from suppliers (presumably from the same Asian manufacturer?). The side glass(s) being unlaminated and single curvature, I would expect that they would be very simple and straightforward to produce. Before I spend time following up on this....does anyone have any recent experiences to share pertaining to this issue?

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had glass cut and tempered in the past.....but that was for flat glass. The Montreal side glass is single curvature and not flat....I would doubt very much that these folks have the skill required to form curved glass.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
....You might try contacting johni6020 in Holland ....
Already have Mark.....and I have purchased a lot of hard to find replacement parts from him in the past.

With the new repro front and rear glass that seems to finally be available from some suppliers, I was expecting that side glass....which is unlaminated and in theory much simpler to produce would have already been made available by someone.

Again, the question I am asking is ...has anyone investigated or discussed with our usual suppliers the availability of new glass or, having new glass manufactured?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Another option is to have the glass polished. Depending on how scratched they are, your local glazier may be able to restore them to "as new" condition. I has some good results with the side windows of my 71 Spider that were scratched and came back as new from the glass company I dropped them in to.

Regards
Phil.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was thinking about this option as well and maybe I should investigate further. Here's what mine are looking like with pitting damage from sand blasting and scratches from sloppy reinstallation at some point in it's previous lifetime.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Window
Hood Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior

1 - 9 of 9 Posts