Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Does anyone have a black plastic cover plate that is on the back of front seat covering the headrest turn knob?

It is fastened with three tiny screws. It is triangular in shape

Mine is broken/cracked and I’m seeking a replacement to stabilize the knob as part of the restoration

I have not seen these for sale anywhere from major vendors

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I know Giorgio Penatti in Italy was reproducing these, I bought my set quite awhile ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
you can contact a french company which reproduce parts for classic cars with 3D printers.
They have this part, here is the link.:
www.gryp-3d.com
Garniture de fauteuil (gryp-3d.com)
I have reproduced mine by making two plaster molds with the old one's and molding a plastiq sheet with a hot blower. It works quite easily as long as you don't go too fast.
I covered them after with a thin leather to have a good finish..
Bernard

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
I got my headrest adjusters here on the ABB from Montigirl. Dirk and Hennalore had the parts reproduced in metal so they will not get brittle and fail. They fit, using the original screw holes, look great and work well.
headrest adjuster.jpg

Mark

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for this great advice and options!

Question - How does one install the new knob cover? Seems there is only a single hole for the turn axle.

Does the knob need to be removed?

I don't want to make this a bigger project than it needs to be!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi
You don't need to remove the knob, you just push gently the part in the slot until it will go in the open hole at the end of the slot.
It's a good dilution in metal which could be used for other plastic parts of the car like the egg shape cover on the folding part of the seat.
Bernard

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
It is a five or ten minute job if you get covers that use the stock mounting holes (hint: some don't). Like Bernard said, there is a slot in the cover the axle adjuster shaft just slides into.

Some of those egg shaped covers on the seat hinges are available, I just don't know if they fit the Montreal. I just replaced three of them on my Duetto seat hinges and they have two plastic mounting tabs on the back side. There are two different mounting tab configurations and Classic Alfa stocks only one. They say the part can be modified to fit hinges with the other mounting tab arrangement. I bought used ones from Johni6020 in Holland instead. At least the covers are not a structural element, just for cosmetics.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts