Hello All
DA8F5B39-0B00-4552-91D5-D03D3F090AF3.jpeg

In need of two rear axle nuts for Montreal see picture of nut

Thank you
Al

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Al, Would either of these be what you are looking for? Neither description specifically mentions the Montreal. It might be worth sending them an email asking for what you need.

Mark

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Al, Would either of these be what you are looking for? Neither description specifically mentions the Montreal. It might be worth sending them an email asking for what you need.

Mark
Hi Mark,

I have emailed them and others with no luck. I have John that may have some used but would like to fine NEW

They can not only have been used on this car.

Thank you for reaching out ! I you have any New or NOS parts you are looking to sell let me know by email

Al

·
Administrator
14,469 Posts
Are these axle wheel bearing nuts or pinion nuts?

Pete

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi
I have the same problem and I have looked around without success. My nut went loose and has damaged the thread, half of it. The solution I have found for the moment is a Yamaha XP 500 T-Max Black Max 2007 Clutch Flat Nut M35 x 1.0 Sw: 41mm . I have bought two and tightened them on the axle and weld them together with 2 points so they won't move. It has been working for the last 1500 km.
This system was used for the early Montreal as after it was a steel fret but the axle is a bit bigger.
The only solution is to find a lathe and make a new one.
I have not found yet someone to do it but thanks for the drawing.
Bernard

·
Administrator
14,469 Posts
No spares place even sells the 1750 version of that nut ... yes I poked around on the internet last night

Pete

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the information but I ordered from Oscaro.fr a year ago the Delphi BK523 bearing set but they cancelled the order. Not available in Spain also. European dealer are selling the SKF version with the steel fret.
I will continue to look for 1750 parts.
Bernard

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK all !
let me know if anyone gets luck in searching for them. Or I will try get them made

AL

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
35x1 is kind of a bastard size, I have 35x1,5 tap that I use to make the Montreal crank shaft nut. These will not be cheap, they’ll need to be single pointed, but a single pointed plug will need to be machined first to ensure a proper fit.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
35x1 is kind of a bastard size, I have 35x1,5 tap that I use to make the Montreal crank shaft nut. These will not be cheap, they’ll need to be single pointed, but a single pointed plug will need to be machined first to ensure a proper fit.
Spoken like a machine shop owner...Pete, what is meant by "single pointed"? Does that refer to the thread having a single point?

Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
The axle nut under discussion is the same as the Montreal crankshaft pulley nut WITH THE EXCEPTION of the thread pitch. The crankshaft nut is 1.5mm thread. Wes Ingram has produced a number of the crank pulley nuts in stainless. Maybe he'd be able to do the same for these nuts.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Häckner shop Germany does have this nut in his online shop „by request“.
Way of searching : -> Stichwortverzeichnis -> R -> Radlager Hinterachse -> Nutmutter Montreal.
For 1300-1750 S105 nuts would be available

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Häckner shop Germany does have this nut in his online shop „by request“.
Way of searching : -> Stichwortverzeichnis -> R -> Radlager Hinterachse -> Nutmutter Montreal.
For 1300-1750 S105 nuts would be available

Thank you !!
I have sent them a request

AL

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bernard,
I appreciate all your help and will reach out next week after I here from Häckner shop. I was InGermany and went Munich in 2017 and Octoberfest what a Great time and wonderful people
Al

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi
I have asked 2 companies of 3D printing in France if they can reproduced this unusual nut. I have received one answer pretty expensive as the cad file is quoted 120€ and for 2 pieces the cost is 150€ ex VAT.
I am trying to find a shop with a lathe which can produce this nut.
I have found a taper M35x1 at Metric Tap M35 X 1 for 300$ ex tax and shipping and another one on Amazon by Gavan for 80$ , (Gavan is a japan company). Gavan is selling also directly.
I would like to produce 2 pieces for my car but also more if some of you are interested.
The nut by itself is a rather simple piece just the thread is unusual.
Any answer from Häckner?
Bernard

1 - 20 of 29 Posts