Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at Montreal photographs that Google pulled in and I noticed one that was unmistakably one of the Montreal Prototype cars. I thought that they were both white! This car is a light metallic gold or mica color and it has the original prototype wheels. Would anyone know the history of this car; perhaps it was repainted after the Montreal exhibit? Both of the 'more recent' photographs that I have seen of the prototype cars display the cars painted white.
It looks fantastic!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Automotive design

Mark

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looking at Montreal photographs that Google pulled in and I noticed one that was unmistakably one of the Montreal Prototype cars. I thought that they were both white! This car is a light metallic gold or mica color and it has the original prototype wheels. Would anyone know the history of this car; perhaps it was repainted after the Montreal exhibit? Both of the 'more recent' photographs that I have seen of the prototype cars display the cars painted white.
It looks fantastic!

View attachment 822137

Mark

I like the exterior door lock and cut out to open .

Simple !

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Fiat parts, also used on Iso Grifo.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the wheels too and the unusual window that would slide down leaving a permanently closed 'vent window' looking window. I am surprised that no one can add anything to the history of this car or more photographs of it. I've seen the one white prototype in the museum basement that is in deplorable condition and the other white prototype that is in much better condition but on the wrong wheels! Which car is this?

Mark

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the museum photo of the Montreal prototype on the original wheels; that car is sweet!

Fiat parts, also used on Iso Grifo.
I'd like to have one of these in the garage. A 7 liter beast in Plumb Crazy Purple! Hard not to notice...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Sports car

Mark

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
From the family stable ...

7 litre is nose-heavy and only good in a straight line but seems to win bragging rights at the bar ... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
7 litre is nose-heavy and only good in a straight line
Alex,
You were absolutely right about the door handles; that was why I looked up the Iso Grifo. Much better looking than the Rivolto. I'll keep the T-33 Stradale and Miura as my 'Dream Cars' since I'd like a car you could actually drive on the road; yea right.
Mark

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Would anyone know the history of this car; perhaps it was repainted after the Montreal exhibit? Both of the 'more recent' photographs that I have seen of the prototype cars display the cars painted white.
That's how it looked while on display at Expo '67. The museum car is (as far as I know) untouched. The pearly white / mother of pearl finish is quite hard to photograph, so most pictures show it as plain white (or eggshell or some other colour name only my wife know about). I saw it up close in 2006, and it looked just like that.

The "gold" is likely reflections from the ceiling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts