Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know if anyone has completed a power steering upgrade on a montreal?
I understand this shop offers good conversion kit:Home
pros and con?
how does the car feel?
does the conversion fits as expected?
Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi benicia,
I am waiting since more than 6 monthes to have a column built for my ca, because none is in stock.
Each time I send a message to Roger I receive the same answer: soon, next week, next month.

I wait only because I know of no other solution.
But I am happy that I didnt had to send my own column to be modified!

More news later, but I don't know when.
Best regards, Alain.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI Alain
Are you dealing directly with Ez power..http://www.ezpowersteering.nl/index.php?p=8
I received mine 2 weeks ago, and they have been very helpful . If you want to be able to install the control box behind the glove box, you will need a harness extension(make sure to ask for that..It took several month to get it,. I believe they have several in the making now..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, I am dealing directly with Roger at EZ. He told me that he was waiting to receive 2 orders to start the fabrication. I hope you are the other one! Thank you for the tip regarding the harness extension, I will ask.
Did you buy the manual (rotating button) or automatic (on speedo cable) power control? or both to try the best?

I am anxious to read your opinion when you have installed the kit.
A.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would recommend the potentiometer.. there is n o way to install the speed control being the dash.. make an l bracket and mount it to the hinges of the lower glove box flap to mount the controller box.. you might have to take the dash out to do so.. no big deal..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts