Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was at BMW Euro Festival at the BMW factory here in South Carolina. I met a man who is just beginning a Montreal restoration project and is looking for a parts car to replace some of his rusty items including both doors and wings on his project car. Anyone know of one available in Eastern part of the US?
Dale Whitney

·
Registered
816 Posts
Montreal Parts car?

There is a very shabby car that belongs to one of my customers. For all intents, it might be deemed a parts car. It will not be cheap, but I can inquire.
KG

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whatever KG's "shabby" car is, it's viable. When was the last time you saw Montreal sheet metal for sale in the USA?

Dale, ask your new friend if he'd consider going halvsies on the Shabby-Monty. He can have the front half (doors forward) and I'll take the back half (roof & quarters.) I'll even pick it up in CT and bring it to SC when I'm done.

Alternately, if it's too far (or trouble), KG can sell it to me and I'll hold the doors, fenders, etc for the SC fellow.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
There is a very shabby car that belongs to one of my customers. For all intents, it might be deemed a parts car. It will not be cheap, but I can inquire.
KG
Surely all Montreals must be saved from being parted out. Perhaps your customer might feel the same way and post pics of the complete car here...someone is bound to be interested in it as a complete car.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
APE in California used to have extra body

Larry Dickman, Sr and Jr. used to run Alfa Parts Exchange in hayward, then in Buntu, California. And now they have moved again. I have personally seen a montreal body there, and Larry himself runs such a car. I suggest someone looking for Montreal body parts try:
ALFA PARTS EXCHANGE (APE)
22403 Suttenfield Road
Acampo, CA 95220 (209) 365-1383

Attn: Larry Dickman, Jr. h (925) 931-0144

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm the guy, who bought the Alfa Montreal. I need the following parts:
- both inne door panel
- driver side window regulator (manual or electric)
I'm restoring a 70 Alfa Giulia also, and I'm looking for right front and left rear outer door handle.
I really appriciate any help. I just moved from Europe recently and I do not know anybody who sells Alfa parts here.
I have an Alfa GT Junior, but I did not start yet any work, because it is still in Eurpe.
In december or early januar I'll ship my cars to Florida. If anybody needs help to ship car from Europe to USA, I can help. I can ship cars in container or RO-RO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Montreal Parts Car

I too could use a number of items if this parts car becomes available

1. Interior Rear View Mirror
2. Dashboard parts including dials and vents
3. Plastic bonnet grilles between bonnet and windscreen

Please keep me advised.

Alfamonty Australia

·
Registered
5 Posts
- both inne door panel
I'm restoring a 70 Alfa Giulia also, and I'm looking for right front and left rear outer door handle.
I really appriciate any help. I just moved from Europe recently and I do not know anybody who sells Alfa parts here.
I have an Alfa GT Junior, but I did not start yet any work, because it is still in Eurpe.
In december or early januar I'll ship my cars to Florida. If anybody needs help to ship car from Europe to USA, I can help. I can ship cars in container or RO-RO.
Hi

I am interested in purchasing parts from the Montreal Namely the interior rearview mirror and dash vents x 4 are these for sale?

alfamonty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guys, thanks for the wealth of leads for Montreal parts.

Can I make a suggestion? In the interest of courtesy: if someone is talking about needing entire fourths of a car in sheet metal, it may not be the most friendly post to ask for a button, knob or frilly plastic-thing. I would pay actual, honest-to-grapefruit money for your trivial woes, for sheet metal simply does not exist.

Can we agree to exhaust the plethora of minor parts outlets before threadjacking a conversation related to entire vehicles? At least read the thread to see if it's for parts on offer or parts sought.

Swell.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Well, do you want an entire parts car or not?

I talked to Larry Dickman of Alfa Parts Exchange, (APE) in California after the previous post I made. Yes, he has an entire car body for sale. If you are not even considering anything that far away from Connecticut where sheet metal rusts out each winter, then where do you think you are going to get one? Have you called him? The other guys you are snapping at want some part of the spoils and potential leftovers if you get overstocked. If you buy an entire car you might have some chance to sell some little pieces to help you consider offsetting the costs. We try to help each other on this board.

·
Registered
409 Posts
To Peka5861....

- both inne door panel
Maybe I can help you with some of the parts you are looking for. I am doing a restoration and some of the parts will not be used. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Edgar

·
Registered
2 Posts
Montreal Body Parts

I too bought a Montreal that had, let's just say, a few surprises e.g. sill covers, sills, rear quarters. I am at the stage that I don't really care where they are I just can't find them. I sent an email inquiry to Kundenbetreuung "My Alfa" in Germany as their website says they have it all. I got no response and I'm calling tomorrow since they are 9 hours ahead of me on the west coast. Tom at Classic Alfa says they are available but he's out of stock and doesn't know when he can get more. Car is up in the air with bad parts cut off (or at least as many as I can without seeing the new ones.). Does any one know where I can get these don't worry about where save China (they won't fit)? Thanks in advance.

Dick Camp

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
If you search eBay worldwide many body parts are available including doors, rear valence, sill covers, etc. There were a couple of NOS rear quarter panels but I don't see them now. Try this link:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_PrefLoc=2&_nkw=alfa+romeo+montreal+-(fits)&_sop=16

John in Holland had a nice rear view mirror and a ton of Montreal parts, see his post in the Classified section.

Edgar in Brazil had the dash vents reproduced by a 3D modeler and posted the information. He recently did the rear bumper segment gaskets too.

I have nice speedometer and tachometer gauge clusters listed on eBay; visible in the above link. If anyone is interested in them contact me through the ABB to save 10%.

Mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts