Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you don't understand the german, wait for 2nd car at 8:50 min, owner is greek, this is
his 5th monti what he also want to sell again he is looking for the next NO. SIX !
Maybe he will be interested in ours... ? ;) funny doku with some local german
humor. Sexy sound ! Enjoy.

hannelore

TV | Video | Auftrag Auto | SPORT1 Mediencenter 
[/FONT]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thank you for this report, nice car and nice lady, only the driver is not allowed for such a car...:oops:

Bella maccina, grazie mille
La bestia

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Ha ha, nice, and very funny! "Ein, zwei, drei, acht ... zwei hundert instrumenten!" :laugh:

Is this a regular TV duo? They appeared to have a lot of fun :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Tor, she is french and sometimes you need subtitles to understand her. BUT, she can drive cars, she is in motor sports driving. I am happy that not she drove the Monti (my poor heart). She is more rough to drive a car than the guy, she is better for modern cars without sensible feeling... He was more full of reverence to this car. My only pain was: Please don't brake the steering box !!! Funny was that they believe: just approx. 50-60 Montreals are running in Germany. Ha ha... just one call to Germans main registration office and they would be wondering, how many still alive - even running. Maybe I should send them my phone No. ?... :balloon:

If you like to see more of them check channel "Sport1" on internet and watch some old series of them "Auftrag Auto". Lot of fun.
Gute Nacht, Hannelore

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi Hannelore,

what would you guess from your experience, how many Montreals are still running in Germany?

cheers
Sig

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
those two are "peinlich", if you ask me (that's German for 'embarrassing'). Waffling on more about some stupid TV show, Dalli Dalli, and messing about with the 2 tone horns like two silly kids, than giving the viewer useful information or feedback on driving the car.
A waste of space.

I'd have stuck Sabine Schmitz in the car, then we'd have gotten some fun........:)

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hannelore,

Thank you for posting this video. I do not understand much German, yet I understood 100% of the Italian that Montreal was speaking to me. This one is a great example...it is the same color as my Monty was when it left the factory and will be put back to that color in my restoration.

JP

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Hannelore what would you guess from your experience, how many Montreals are still running in Germany? cheers Sig
Hallo Sig,
well, since 25 years I am watching very strong the Montreals in Germany and I am still sure that are running, staying, laying or how ever approx. 300 cars Just in Germany exist, maybe even more. I get so often mails from Germans they were never in any forum, club, meetings etc etc etc. One tells me about an other unknown one and so on. Also I believe that maybe still 1200-1500 Montreals are to find in the world.

So many secret garages, sleeping beauties in good / bad shape or in parts, but still complete. Just to see, how many strange owners are bidding on an item I or others put on Ebay, I never saw them before or their names. I am a bit mad in writing them for collecting adresses, car-photos and owners (send me your name and address for my list please) to stay in contact. We are more and more on my list, but many are absolutely lonely Montreal-Cowboys they are never to see - just accidentally on Google, Flickr or youtube. Or they contact me for our repros we still have in shelf to offer, who come thru Bruce' Books + homepage to us. Even in my old hometown Berlin I was asked on street of a man who saw my t-shirt: do you drive this car, or do you just like the colour? When I say - driving, they firstly were wondering/smiling (aha, woman = Monti ...) and even they are wondering about so many Montreals they never met, but they are living 10 minutes far of them. Curious, isn't it ?

Go Germans, meldet Euch... :punk:
Tomorrow I will lift a bit the winter blanket and check what Monti is doing.
Ciao ciao, Hannelore

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts