Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hello folks, I have managed to find a source for Cylinder Head Studs. All of you who are interested, let me know and I will get back to you with a pricing.
The Studs will be M12 x 1.5 Thread 190.0 mm Rolled Thread. The specs reflect normal automotive usage and the Torque specified will be around 100.0 ft. lbs. The Montreal calls for 60 to 65 ft.lbs. Some of us go as high as 75.0 ft.lbs depending on usage. As I have stated, I need to hear back soon to get this done. Quantities will of course dictate the price. Thank you.
Peter: If you are investigating making these Head Studs and intend to do so soon, I will not interfere with that exercise. As you know, investing in making Rolled Thread fasteners can be very expensive.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hello all you Montreal Owners!
New Alfa Romeo Montreal Cylinder Head Studs are available. They come with M12 X 1.5 Rolled Threads and are 190.0 mm long. A Set consists of 20 off Studs. Send me a PM and I will respond.

Karl Robertson
248) 766 9141
[email protected]

·
Registered
738 Posts
I became aware of a lack of supply for Cylinder Head Studs a year ago when I was re-building my Montreal engine. Luckily, the Cylinder Head Studs in my engine were in good shape and did not require re-placement.
Unfortunately, for me, I was convinced into investigating Cylinder Head Studs for the Alfa Romeo Montreal for a fellow Montreal owner. As most of us are aware, these do not seem to be available anymore, and if they are available, they must be a very well kept secret!
Anyway, long story short, I made a concerted effort to find some Head Studs that would work for the Montreal, negotiated some samples, and then went ahead with the customers concurrence, and ordered a complete car set - 20 Studs, only to be informed shortly thereafter that the person had changed their mind and did not want them anymore! This has put me in a situation of being financially inconvenienced, not to mention my loss of credibility with the European supplier who went out of their way to support the exercise.
Needless to say, I will not be doing this again, nor will I be accepting any persons verbal orders in future. In fact I am seriously re-considering whether I should continue supporting efforts to develop, make and supply what I call "Unobtanium Parts" for the Alfa Romeo Montreal.... Sad state of affairs!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Keep your head up, Karl. There is a conga line of owners who are grateful to you for all your genuine efforts to support us all. Do you have a set of studs to spare? I'm not at that stage yet, but no doubt I will be once my car is painted (in the decades to come).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks Rob I agree with you... I'm very grateful that we have people like Karl with the talents and expertise that are prepared to stick their necks out and reproduce various parts that no longer available. It's never nice to be let down with cancelled orders but I'm sure someone will be keen to take them once the word is out you have a set available.

Karl, many thanks for the head tool and those lovey Betone emblems.

Regards
Phil.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You're a good man, Phil. Over the last few years I've been collecting parts I'll need when finally I put my car back together. Without the people here I'd be lost. Half the parts I have ready to go came from the helpful people in this forum.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts