Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have for sale 2 sets of cylinder head gaskets for the Montreal. I bought them as spares in case I needed them, but then my Monti was destroyed in the Woolsey Fire in November 2018. $75 per pair; I have 2 pairs.

Wilkie Monti Head Gaskets.JPG

·
Push hard and live
9,603 Posts
I’ll take a pair.

to 89706. Lemme know a PayPal address.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Don and Mark. At the moment, due to being home bound, I might be a bit slow in getting the gaskets packaged and sent. I will let you know when I am ready. If either one of you are in urgent need of the gaskets, let me know and I will try to expedite. Wilkie

·
Push hard and live
9,603 Posts
Not urgent. Already got a pair of Elrings. My motor rebuild is creeping up on the list so having an extra pair will guarantee the first pair do not fail. There is, of course, a corollary to this concept.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Same here not urgent just insurance. I have a set from 'Gaskets to Go' on the shelf. I want to compare the two sets and choose which one looks best. I can send funds, you can ship when ready.

Mark

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same here not urgent just insurance. I have a set from 'Gaskets to Go' on the shelf. I want to compare the two sets and choose which one looks best. I can send funds, you can ship when ready.

Mark
Mark, full disclosure here. It looks like my second gasket set is also from Gaskets to Go. From what I can tell, they look pretty similar to the Elring set. Let me know if that makes a difference to you. Thanks. Wilkie

·
Push hard and live
9,603 Posts
If it helps, I’ll take the GTG set. That way, Mark and I will both have a set of each.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Don, I guess that does make it easier. Now I just have to somehow find the appropriate shipping materials in the midst of this quasi-lockdown.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I am cool with either set. My Montreal mentor told me the set to get is the "Gaskets to Go" brand. According to Larry Jr. -the set he installed came from eBay and it apparently is not the set to get.

Larry built another engine about the time he was building the engine in the car I ended up buying. Both engines had compression ring deterioration. Compression gasses blow past the gasket into the coolant. I just need to man up and pull the engine and put new head gaskets on it.

Mark

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I just noticed that the head gaskets sold by CA (maybe the same ones bought for my engine and others on eBay) do not have the red gasket sealing compound that 'Gaskets to Go' and 'elring' gaskets have.

Message to 'Tigerwilk', I saw your note regarding your listing.
Go to eBay, hover over "My eBay" (near upper right corner)
Select "Selling" from drop down menu
under "My eBay Selling Overview" click on "Active Listings"
find item to cancel; next to 'sell similar', click on down arrow
Select "End listing" and it will go away;-)

Mark

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don and Mark, I am ready to send out the gaskets. You can each send me a personal message with the address you want the gaskets sent to. Don, I know you can pay by PayPal; Mark, let me know how you want to pay. Since you both are so easy, and unless either of you now has a strong preference, I will send the Elrings to Mark and the G2G to Don.

And Mark, thanks for the tutorial on eBay listings! :)

Wilkie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts