Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few pics from Sunday's Montreal Grand Prix.

No Alfa's but a few of Ferrari.
(sorry about the quality I was in the cheap seats. )

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: crowd

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures.

The shot of the crowd was taken before the race began.

The reason they are all cheering is that the safety crews ( bottom of the picture ) were trying to get the crowd going and had started the wave in the grandstands.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Montreal

I have to agree, it is a pretty great town.

It is especially great Grand-prix weekend. The city basically turns onto a 4 day street party.

The only problem is that my Alfa season only runs from May to October ( if I'm lucky ).

A few guys have tried to get a club going, but not much luck. I just don't think there are enough of us.

We do get some good turn outs at the classic car rallies, and Italian car rallies.

As you might know, there is a huge Italian community in Montreal, and they are very proud of their cars and heritage.

How did you end up in Virginia?

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I joined the Canadian Navy in '83. Ended up being sent here in '99, and am retiring here (if I can find a good job) in late August of this year.

Eventually, I'd like to buy a place to spend my summers in or near MTL.

Salut!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi guys,
We go there every year (this is the 4th year), and had best seats this year. They were right front of Michael!! I will post the pictures sometime.

Did you go to the little Italy? There was the Ferrari festival. I saw Enzo, almost 40 Ferraris and red Alfa spider quad at the festival.

They didn't have an European car club street party this year, but there was the Porche party instead.

Montreal is really great city!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Grand Prix

Hey 74Spider,

I think you sat in practically the same seats we had last year! 3 of the 5 years I've gone to the race, we sat in the hairpin section. One of the best areas of the track I think. You actually get some time to look at the cars as they go by.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: F1 Seats

Hi Again,

I have been going to the race every year for past 5 years.

I always sit in the same section, bronze 34.

For the money, they are the best seats on the track. You get to see plenty of action (passing, sliding, bumping).

I tried some silver tickets one year, and the cars go by so fast, you don't get to see anything.

I am glad you guys enjoy coming to Montreal for all the fun.

I didn't get the chance to go to many of the festivities this year (new baby at home), but if you are a car fan there is always plenty to do.

Someone once told me that per capita, there are more Ferraris in Montreal than anywhere else in the world ( except Modena). I tend to believe it considering how many you see on the road F1 weekend.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Guys,
We love old Montreal!!
Anyway, yes, I agree with the points you guys are making. But here is my story.

Our first year, we had the seats which were the other side of the hairpin you had this year. The second year, they were the first corner seats which was very exciting. The third year we had the grandstands seats, and really enjoyed to see them so close. With other seats, we would see an exciting pass, and braking, etc, but we never see what is really going on. Also we had to wait, wait, and wait for cars to come.

A biggie is a start! The sound and faces of the drivers meditating were (with binocular) really great!! So that�fs why we decided to get another grandstands seats this year. Next year, well we will get the same seats. Also we want to try to go Italian GP next year (I�fve been to 3 different GPs and really want to go Monaco GP someday)

But if you just want to see a race easy way, a best seat is the front of the TV...

I will post pictures soon...

·
Registered
7 Posts
74 spider

I just registered and own an 86 spider veloce. I live in Montreal and also attended the grand prix as I do every year. You mentioned there are no Alfa clubs in Montreal but these is an Italian auto club. Do you have any details. I'm interested in sharing experience with other Alfa Spider owners.

Regards

Mcorb

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Italian Car club in MTL

Hi Mcorb,

I know there was an Italian car club in Montreal, but I don't have any details.

I found a link once by doing a search on Google, but the link is no longer active.

If I am not mistaken, most of the members had Fiats.

What color is your Spider? Do you drive downtown very often?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts