Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Richard Jemison
7,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the e-mail below this AM. Apparently all members email addresses were not carried over...
read it below if you didn`t get it.
Migration of the Montreal Forum archive by "Bruce Taylor" alfamontreal

Migration of the Montreal Forum archive

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:21 pm (PST) . Posted by:
"Bruce Taylor" alfamontreal

Dear Alfa Romeo Montreal fans,

Yahoo have announced that starting 14 December 2019 they will be deleting all stored content from their groups, including the Montreal Forum archive. To avoid the loss of the 32,000 Montreal Forum messages, I have transferred them to a new groups.io group:

https://groups.io/g/alfamontreal

The Forum Member List has also been transferred to the new group, excluding the email addresses that are now bouncing.

Because of the unreliability of the Yahoo groups system, the migration has not been without problems, as can be seen from the fact that the Message History tables do not correspond accurately. (The Montreal Forum was launched in July 2000, not in March).

But the Message Search facility of the new group appears to work very well, allowing you to access any chosen subject in the archives rapidly and efficiently.

I hope that this new facility will prove useful to Montreal owners, and especially to the 1130 members who contributed so much useful information to the Montreal Forum between July 2000 and September 2011.

Happy Motoring!

Bruce

Reply to sender . Reply to group . Reply via Web Post . All Messages (1) . Top ^

VISIT YOUR GROUP

1 - 1 of 1 Posts