Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're in the market, I'm selling my Alfa Montreal at the Gooding & Co. auction in Scottsdale next month at no reserve so it's not coming home. It's a solid #2 car with no rust and excellent cosmetics.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I am not sure what anyone was expecting, but the car was offered without reserve, and the final offer was $45,000. Guess that was the final sale price. Personally, I believe the car was worth a lot more than that.

·
Push hard and live
9,136 Posts
Beginning with Monterey this past August, collector cars are headed down. I was at the Bonhams auction Thursday. Bottom feeder day.

What goes up, must come down. Hold on long enough, they’ll come up again.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was the consignor and Gooding would only accept it at no reserve. I was devastated by the result. This car was WAY nicer than the final bid amount. I've owned over 200 cars and this was the worst financial outcome I've ever had, by far. It was a VERY painful weekend.

Sports Car Market was profiling the car and I'll be surprised if it doesn't make the Best Buys list.

·
Push hard and live
9,136 Posts
Feel your pain.

I made money, but if I'd been thinking better I would have raised my paddle and bought my own car to sell it another day.

Still, I want to be nearly all cash for the remainder of the Trump days High odds zombie apocalypse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts