Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
click the link to this silver Montreal from Holland
........- Price 89.500 (still I would sell ours for 60. ....) :cool:

Car looks very good, hope vendor send me some more photos from below the car and technic details. For this price I am sure he will !

HISTORIC MOTORING.COM Cars for Sale

Hannelore

Alfa Romeo Montreal V8
Merk: Alfa Romeo
Model: Montreal
Type: V8
Inrichting: Coupe (2 drs)
Bouwjaar: 1973
Kleur: Licht zilver
Bekleding: Stof (Licht grijs)
Brandstof: Benzine
Versnellingsbak: Handgeschakeld, 5 versnellingen
Km. stand: 66.000 km
Cilinderinhoud: 2.593 cc
Gewicht (leeg): 1.270 kg
BTW/Marge: Marge
Verkoopprijs: € 89.500

Accessoires
The Montreal is a two-seater sports car of the Italian Alfa Romeo from the seventies. At the Geneva Motor Show, the car experienced its world premiere in 1970, three years after a similar prototype was shown at the World Exhibition of 1967 in Montreal.

Equipped with a 2593 cc eight cylinder engine component, a milder version of a game engine, incidentally, the car was good for 220 hp. The V8 had two overhead camshafts per cylinder bank and an injection of Spica. All this was coupled to a five-speed transmission from ZF. The car was delivered in 1971 for a sum of NLG 41 225, -. (€ 18 710, -).

The body was designed by Marcello Gandini, who was then working for the design Bertone. Gandini also has several Lamborghini designs to his name (including Miura, Countach, Diablo) and also designed the Lancia Stratos; but even something as mundane as the Renault 5 (the second series, the Super Cinq).

Interesting to Montreal are the air intakes behind the doors. These are not functional, but the intention was that initially - the prototype namely went out of a car with a mid-engine, that is, placed in the back. Finally ended the V8 in the production model, right in the front. From styling point of view, it was decided to retain said inlet grilles.

This original Dutch Montreal is full restored expense spared effort, bodywork is fully galvanized. Unique quality!

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here are the next 5 pics. Unfortunately no ones after rebuilding from below, but it all looks very fine! Good luck for seller to get the money he expect ! !
Hannelore

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like new editor here is to much hightec for me, one wrong button and pics were not shown... here next try

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
That car (and the owner, I guess), were at the meeting in Beaune.
Back then the car was just finished, and the trip to the meeting was the shake down test.
Not judging people, but I still find it hard to understand why someone would go through all this trouble and then sell the thing...
Looks like a nice job though. A galvanised Monty should make a great daily driver :) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts