Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Montreal engine value

If it's not complete you're going top pay an awful lot of money for the parts that are missing. Unless you know someone who's parting out an engine... There are very, very, very few parts that are used on any other Alfa engine.

Mr. Goose

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
As someone who has an 'incomplete' engine, it is **** hard finding bits and pieces and will very rapidly add up. A complete engine will be $8K US+ I would imagine but break that down and you will pay $3K+ for the fuel system alone, etc.

Prices charged for individual pieces are premium. That said, you could make money if you parted what you had and sold those bits to suckers like me! :grin2: Let me know if you go that way...

·
Push hard and live
9,605 Posts
There is not enough activity to state with certainty what the "market" is for a Montreal engine. I paid $6k for my spare, and it is complete but well-used, ie, needs extra effort during the current rebuild.

The fellow down in Paraguay just bought the rat-rod engine for, I think, $7,500, PLUS freight to South America.

$8k sounds ok for a complete and rebuildable engine. Unique parts can be found in Europe. At a price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good stuff. I was hoping it wasn't going to be some ridiculously priced engine that was 40-50k. I'm just looking for an engine right now. Nothing I'm parting out either sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts