Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I know I am asking a lot of questions lately....putting back this puzzle of a car and do not have good reference photos to draw from. Can't find anything in the parts manual or Bruce's book.

In any case, trying to figure out the connection of the vacuum ports off the back of the engine to the brake booster.

Logic would tell me these two tee together and connect to the port on the brake booster.

Any ideas or photos that could help me along?

Hopefully I am getting closer to being done with questions and will start adding comments about driving it!!

Thanks, JP

Attachments

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Hi John,

I know this is not a great photo but hopefully it will help you see what you need to if you zoom way in.
engine bay9.13.13.jpg
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mark. It does help. Now for my next request of the BB, I please need a pic of the heater valve setup. I do not even have a control wire coming thru the firewall to open/close it. Right now it is connected, would have to adjust switch on valve manually if I wanted heat...which I may not need too much, like yourself, in the South!

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I please need a pic of the heater valve setup. I do not even have a control wire coming thru the firewall to open/close it.
It is a good thing that your control wire does not go through the fire wall because the heater valve is located on the passenger side of the console inside the cabin. Mine used to leak (on my son's left foot) but I was able to tighten the two bolt through connections and it stopped.
You should be able to see it from the passenger side foot well just behind where the radio goes (above your left foot if you were the passenger), if you have one, near the side of the heat ex-changer. Looks like this...

Classic Alfa - Search Results for "montreal heater valve"

Get 'er done!
Mark

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Awesome, Mark! Thank you!! What I failed ot state before was that the old valve I took off was on the engine side of the firewall. You just told me that was installed wrong so I can put it back in its right place.

JP

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well...investigation yielded an interesting thing...I have seen that the car calls for a 105-series style heater valve and there is actually a 116-series style installed way up in the passenger foot well. Completely different configuration. It is connected and appears to work well. Wondering if it becuase the car has A/C.

In any case, I have a brand new 105 series valve I bought from Centerline for sale on eBay for half price of what it normally goes for.

It keeps getting more interesting.....

Thanks, JP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts