Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been re-building three Montreal engines of late. Almost hardest thing is to keep all the Cadmium plating, black oxide hardware straight and with it's correct engine.

Alfa Parts Exchange

Attachments

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Lovely work Larry. Do you do anything special with the waterpump seal? Are all of these engines keeping their Spica?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little rewind on engine 1, the current supply of lower chain tensioners are the cheap ( new design?)no oil feed, non retractable type, beware what you order. I will try to take a couple pictures of the differences.

Alfa Parts Exchange

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Larry, these builds look great! Thank you so much for sharing,

JP

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
the current supply of lower chain tensioners are the cheap ( new design?) no oil feed, non retractable type, beware what you order. I will try to take a couple pictures of the differences.
Hi Larry, I'd like to see the difference between tensioners...

The engines look so good and clean; are they all customers engines or are some yours? Nothing like new pistons and liners and fresh cams...the V-8 you built for Paul's car is still running strong!

I have been told the old 'flat tappet' engines need an oil additive to replace the moly that has been eliminated from new oil. I used 'Zinc', I think, a clear liquid that adds $20 to the 3 gallons of oil in a Montreal.

Mark S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts