1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Alfetta one's work!

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Contact stefmiesterb he may have a set for you!

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you get stuck on that side of the pond, you could try this guy in Italy...[C459017][/url]
Thanks for the lead.

Alfetta one's work!
This is very interesting.....are you 100% certain that they're totally interchangeable?

I have a NOS set I would be willing to part with, its not cheap, but not as expensive as this.
Original Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT GTV 1. Serie Montreal Türgriff links + rechts NEU | eBay
Yes I saw those...but price wise it is not my first choice ...unless some of these other leads don't pan out. I'm guessing they'll still be available later on if needed.

Contact stefmiesterb he may have a set for you!
Thanks for the lead as well.

·
Push hard and live
9,838 Posts
I bought a very gently used set from Giorgio. The price with delivery was somewhere around $350.

If you can find NOS at any price, buy them. The Alfetta handles work, but require a slight mod.

The problem is that the original chrome ages poorly. Buy the best set you can find.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Alfetta one's work!
yes, we have also Alfetta GT locks in. But the rear "frame" is a bit different, easy to make yourself.
hannelore

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Hi Rossano, BTW your car came w/o any door handles or do you still have the old one´s but need repair?

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hi Rossano, BTW your car came w/o any door handles or do you still have the old one´s but need repair?
My car came wth the one piece style door handles. But the plastic housings are both broken, the chrome is badly pitted and rusted and only one door lock tumbler is good.

I did discuss with a plating shop the possibility of re-chroming...but the shop said that the middle lines on the handles would probably disappear due to the copper deposition required during plating.

I've been wondering if anyone has contemplated machining the metal handles from stainless steel? The prices that I've seen (a year ago) for good ones are such that it may be economical now to have these machined up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Peter,
Thank you for your message.
I can't send you a PM nor give you my home email adress because I have only 4 posts here for now...

Do your handles come with the lock cylinders and 2 keys and are they a matching pair?

Best regards, Alain.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also seeking single-piece chrome NOS or good condition original handles!

If only the passenger side handle that would work, as I can likely refurbish the driver's side door handle. My passenger side handle is missing the metal nipple that protrudes from the rotating locking barrel.

I have bought a set of handles from Classic Alfa with 2-part chrome piece. But I prefer not to go down this path unless absolutely necessary as the modification requires destruction of existing inner door parts, requires fabrication of a new bracket (which Classic does not provide), and simply does not look the same. Not the most desirable solution .

Please reach out to me at soonest if you have single-piece handles, or just a passenger side offering.

Jamison

1 - 20 of 20 Posts