Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, On TAV41 (attached), the diagram references 2200.25109, what looks like the c-clip for the throwout bearing downstream of the clutch plate.

My (apart) transmission does not have the clip and I cannot locate it on the web by p/n. Does anyone know a suitable alternative or size?

Thanks, JP

Attachments

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
It's probably not special or magic. Take out your slide caliper and measure the inner diameter and buy one at your local hardware store. A circlip is a circlip ...

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Tor. That is easy enough to do. I assume I have the orientation right, it is downshift of the TO bearing?

(Sorry for the typo on the subject line....could not edit it).

Thanks, JP

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Yes. Imagine the crankshaft being to the LEFT in TAV. 41.

However, after thinking a bit and taking a closer look, it's probably not a circlip but a locking ring. Doesn't make sense to have a circlip there anyway (I think).

I think it's better if someone who had their Montreal clutch apart answer the question. Sorry for the confusion!

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Tor! I think I started the confusion by assuming it was a circlip based on the diagram. I appreciate your help and any other help I can get!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Having my engine/transmission out I was able to check. The ring actually goes in the ball socket at the end of the throw-out arm. It is to retain the arm on the ball pivot. It is made of round spring wire about 1.6 mm in diameter. The overall diameter of the part is about 18 mm. More than likely the clip is just where it should be on your throw-out arm. There is nothing that retains the throw-out bearing to the throw-out arm.

Gene Brown

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gene,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This helps immensely and I appreciate it!

JP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts