Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dear Folks ,

I really don' t want to slow down all your hard actions and/ or intensive efforts refer to a re-production of this battery cover, but I only want
to mention that you are still able to order this cover simply at AFRA SAS Milano Spare Parts. So far you accept the high price.

https://www.afra.it/
AFRA product name : Battery Tray ( instead of battery cover )
Article number : 60716862
Price 500€ exclude VAT for non European buyers/ 610€ include VAT + shipping costs

Anyway I highly appreciate all your personal engagement in this matter. Super !

cheers Bernhard

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Dear Folks ,

I really don' t want to slow down all your hard actions and/ or intensive efforts refer to a re-production of this battery cover, but I only want
to mention that you are still able to order this cover simply at AFRA SAS Milano Spare Parts. So far you accept the high price.

https://www.afra.it/
AFRA product name : ( instead of battery cover )
Article number : 6071Battery Tray6862
Price 500€ exclude VAT for non European buyers/ 610€ include VAT + shipping costs

Anyway I highly appreciate all your personal engagement in this matter. Super !

cheers Bernhard
Hello Bernhardt, thank you for the information and compliments. :)

We will go ahead with the production, and it will be far less expensive than Afra's

Kind regards,
Alberto

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dear Bernhard, Thank you for the advice! Afra are a great company and I‘m sure any full restoration of the Montreal has a few parts in it that could only be obtained from Afra. But to charge 600 Euros for a plastic cover is just way over the top and one of the reasons I am so grateful Alberto started a production of his own. I think sometimes the community has to show a supplier when it’s just too much. So power to the Montreal people! ;-) Christian

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
We are moving along with the mould. It is very complex and will post photos soon.

It will be a great repro.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We had to make an inside box to hold the original battery cover in shape, as it is very flexible.

Pino, please do not be concerned as you box is not harmed in any way.:grin2:

The wooden filler that is inside, allows to pull a perfect mould, and gives it rigidity and stability.
We are starting today with the glassing process. Will post more, as we progress.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
The mould is almost finished. Soon we will make the first unit.

Regards, Alberto

PS. Pino, we are done with your original, you can breathe now.:)
Will mail yours + additional one around Sept 20th, when I will take them back to the USA

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thank you Berolina!

They will turn out really nice, as Pino's sample box is near perfect.

The few minute scratches, will be in the copies as impossible to delete without losing the original finish.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
238 Posts
Fantastic work my friend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
A big THANK YOU Pino! From all Montrealisti out there. Without your help, this would not have happened.

Pino, please send me your shipping address to: alberto.guirola at gmail.com

I like to pack all in advance and just go to USPS.

Kind regards, Alberto

·
Registered
151 Posts
I thought I had posted my early interest, but apparently not. Please put me on the list as well. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
All noted, thank you for your interest.

We have two weeks to produce as I will travel to the USA and bring along with me.
Please wait for the price. I will publish it as soon as we finish the first two.

That ought to be this week.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
As an aside, If anyone in Europe needs a box, it just occured to me that my son is flying back to Spain,
and will gladly take a few, on the 13th of Sept.

I know that Christian in Germany needs one.

That, will save some of the freight.

Regards, Alberto

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thank you Rob!

Regards, Alberto

PS. I am also producing the Spica FI covers as well. That is if we manage to make at the same time, save on shipping, same box :)

21 - 40 of 131 Posts