Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, albeit the Spica belt cover project is coming along nicely, unfortunately, the battery cover
never made it into my hands.
The battery bottom plate is coming along.

So, if someone wishes for this Battery Cover project to continue, I would need a 'perfect' original to pull a mould.
Until then, no go. The offer stands as usual, you lend me the part, then you get it back + a free one.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
236 Posts
Friends, albeit the Spica belt cover project is coming along nicely, unfortunately, the battery cover

never made it into my hands.

The battery bottom plate is coming along.

So, if someone wishes for this Battery Cover project to continue, I would need a 'perfect' original to pull a mould.

Until then, no go. The offer stands as usual, you lend me the part, then you get it back + a free one.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards, Alberto

Alberto, I finally had a chance to go to my storage facility and pick up the cover today. I will send it out tomorrow.

Thx
Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Who do you normally use for shipping?

Pino

·
Registered
236 Posts
Cover is in transit!!!
Pino

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you don't mind my asking....but will it be made using CSM or satin weave fabric? Polyester or epoxy resin? and lastly...will there be a gel coat on the surface?
When we receive it, there will be an exhaustive evaluation on the process.
Some items work better one way, others another. The box is a complicated part.

Gel coat scratches easily, so we tend to pigment the resin so the color is through and through.

Right now, we are working with the belt cover for the Spica FI. Already pulled a mould,
but as the original part was a bit distorted, we are going to produce another one.

Stay tuned!

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
When we receive it, there will be an exhaustive evaluation on the process.
Some items work better one way, others another. The box is a complicated part.

Gel coat scratches easily, so we tend to pigment the resin so the color is through and through.

Right now, we are working with the belt cover for the Spica FI. Already pulled a mould,
but as the original part was a bit distorted, we are going to produce another one.

Stay tuned!

Regards, Alberto
Thank you for the info. Please keep us posted...I might be interested in one as well.

·
Push hard and live
8,979 Posts
I spoke with Giorgio about the battery cover several years ago, and he said he chose to cease production. I don't recall the details, but the gist was that the original never fit very well, and that modern battery sizes weren't compatible. An in any case, the trunk carpet covered the area, so it didn't really serve much of a purpose.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Visited Giorgio and family in April, and told me that in reality, it was too much trouble for him
to have it produced in Italy, as the minimum order size was too great and felt there was not enough
demand to justify it.

He also told me that his reproductions, never made him wealthy, but afforded him to
have his Montreal in perfect condition, only to later sell it. Regrets it to this day.

it was only "Passione", and that he only did it to provide help to the "Montrealisti", nothing else.
Giorgio used to work with my father in Rome 58 years ago, as a brilliant printing consultant.

Back to the present, here, it is another story as you well know, so continuing with the project regardless,
as in the USA and other 1st world countries, it would be financially unreal to produce 'custom parts' such as this.
Otherwise why request my help for the wonderful airboxes?

Besides, in a "concours", it might tickle a judge's fancy to see the correct part in place.
Proper Montreal are becoming too valuable, to ignore the lack of a part or two.
Just a matter of standards...

Regards, Alberto

·
Push hard and live
8,979 Posts
Alberto,

If I can solve a motor problem, I will have one of my 102/2000s at Concorso next month, including one of your air boxes. If you're around, stop by a say hello! I'll be telling everyone how the box works well.

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is absolutely great Don, thank you!
Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. Way too busy at the moment, as too much real work to tend to, and not cars.

Hopefully you will post photos...Enjoy it, wonderful venue :)

Regards, Alberto

·
Registered
236 Posts
Visited Giorgio and family in April, and told me that in reality, it was too much trouble for him
to have it produced in Italy, as the minimum order size was too great and felt there was not enough
demand to justify it.

He also told me that his reproductions, never made him wealthy, but afforded him to
have his Montreal in perfect condition, only to later sell it. Regrets it to this day.

it was only "Passione", and that he only did it to provide help to the "Montrealisti", nothing else.
Giorgio used to work with my father in Rome 58 years ago, as a brilliant printing consultant.

Back to the present, here, it is another story as you well know, so continuing with the project regardless,
as in the USA and other 1st world countries, it would be financially unreal to produce 'custom parts' such as this.
Otherwise why request my help for the wonderful airboxes?

Besides, in a "concours", it might tickle a judge's fancy to see the correct part in place.
Proper Montreal are becoming too valuable, to ignore the lack of a part or two.
Just a matter of standards...

Regards, Alberto

How is he doing, had dinner with him a couple of years back pre Monti sale. He is truly a wonderful and genuine person. Wish I could see more of him. Because of people like him, Bruce you and Hannelore that today we can enjoy our precious cars.

Forever Grateful

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pino, I am happy you know Giorgio. Imagine, I met him first time around, when he was 21 and I was 7.
What a talented man!
He is doing well, a bit fragile, not very keen of hearing, his lovely wife pumped me up with a lovely wine at 3pm!
Really enjoyed them.

Reminded me of all sorts of stories with my Dad, actually he was extremely talkative, stayed quite late.

He is off the computer 99% , if not 100%. Took me forever to get in touch with him for the visit. The phone was easier...

Regards, Alberto

PS. Could you kindly take the measurement of the Spica belt cover, ear to ear, on Centers?

·
Registered
236 Posts
That’s great, yes I just call him ice in a while to say hi.
This weekend I can try to measure it for you.
Ciao

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would like to officially make public, a big "thank you!" to Pino.

Received his battery cover yesterday, it is in great condition, and it is going to be a tough one
to replicate. I will do my best.
Will keep all posted on the progress.

Kind regards, Alberto

1 - 20 of 113 Posts