Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And Jeff Gordon goes F1?

It has nothing to do with Alfas (I guess there is an Alfa in the museum over there though), but I just turned on TV (SpeedTV) and watching Montoya and Jeff Gordon swapped place on Indianapolis - LIVE!

Pretty cool!! :D
Don't know when the programme is going to be up again though.

http://www.speedtv.com/speed/press.php?p=6572

·
Registered
35 Posts
I enjoyed the program, it's been replayed twice that I am aware of and will be on again at 5:30PT today.

So if you want to watch it first skip the next post......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jeff Gordon had an absolute blast...it was obvious. Surely felt, scratch that, knew that he got the better deal.

Both drivers had very minor offs as they found the limits of the vehicles' brakes. Once Jeff's office was tightened up to support his underdeveloped neck, he was quite impressive.

Managed to get with 1.5seconds of Montoya's best lap in the same car.

Montoya however was able to get within 1.1 seconds of Jeff's best lap in the cup car.

Both drivers' felt that getting within a second or so of the car's potential was the easy part, getting that last second would take some time.

I enjoyed the program but had mixed emotions about it's purpose. One, it would be great to have more road racing fans in the US!!! Bummer part was that Tony George would benifit from extra sales of the USGP tickets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts