Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, do any of you Monti folk have one of these?
This on my Monti Rat Rod.
When I have been driving the red one, I have been guessing 80 kph is about 50 mph. Turns out I was pretty close.
Kinda handy, though I wish I could see the kph at the same time.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,943 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,657 Posts
I just multiply the indicated kph times 0.6, then add 10mph for speedo inaccuracy. That's not a joke. 100kph indicated should be 61 MPH, but we did a side by side test with my 09 Mazda and 100 kph was really 70mph. Sticker won't solve gauge error.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
If anyone has one of the clear speedometer overlays; I am still interested in getting one. Until then I'll probably use a GPS to determine the speed and see if I can put something together like Heavy Metal has.

If someone has a working MPH speedometer but would like to trade it for a working KPH speedometer, would you please send me an email?
mwstro at bell south dot net.
Mark

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
I suspect that we could take this photo of rob3375's speedometer, scale it to size, edit (to remove the gray background), print on a clear static cling film and then trim away any excess. It might be good to have the MPH in the center in yellow numbers, just the opposite of rob's.

MPH Montreal Speedometer.jpg

I know that Doug on the two liter forum is a master at this sort of thing; anyone here have any experience to make this happen?

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts