Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is going to the big Monterey weekend 7 days from now and what are you taking?

simon and i are going up friday night and will be bumming around the track saturday and sunday. we are going up in my ford truck...it's the featured marque at the track and neither of us have an alfa to take :( can you believe that!

·
Registered
333 Posts
We have a caravan (probably over 20) heading up Thursday. Starting in SD County with a Mazerati Biturbo - last pick up at Sears in SB. Lunch at the Cracked Crab in Pismo.

I'm taking the 65 Giulia Spider Veloce which has been selected to be one of the 32 Centerpiece Spiders and Barchettas at the Concorso. They have me between a 65 Apollo Convertible and a 65 Mazatati Mistral - should have some great pics for the BB

Are you going to need the Alfa Corral Pass for Laguna Seca on Saturday? Let me know. Staying at the Laurels Inn in Salinas and I could leave it at the desk for you to pick up on your way through.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
norm, that would be great. so you happen to have one for sunday as well? if you already have one, maybe i can swing by and get it before yiu leave?

congrats on the centerpiece display

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Speed

For all of us who did not have a chance to go to Monterey, mark your calendars.

Let alone I did not have a chance to go, I will just get Speed Chanel!!!!

Monterey Historics
This year marks the 30th anniversary of the "Monterey Historics" at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The event pays tribute to motor racing history, historic automobiles and the people who made them. Each year, hundreds of the finest historic sports and racing cars are entered in 14 separate races over the two days that span nearly every era of motorsports history. For 2003, the event will have its largest entry, more than 425 racing cars in all, and over 125 entries of Ford and Ford-powered cars.

2003 Monterey Historics - Ford Racing Heritage

The evolution of Ford racing will be showcased, from the 1901 "Sweepstakes" that Henry Ford drove in his first and only race, to the low-slung and mighty GT-40s and Ford-powered Formula One cars.

Sun, Sep 21 9pm, 1am
Sat, Oct 4 1pm

All times Eastern

Regards,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts