• 34th. Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • 57th Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Christie's Auction - Exceptional Motor Cars at the Jet Centre

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • RM - Monterey Sports & Classic Car Auction

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Bonhams & Butterfields Tenth Annual of Collectors' Motorcars and Automobilia

• Kruse Auction (Concorso Italiano Event)

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Russo & Steele Monterey Auction

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Gooding & Company Pebble Beach Auction

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blackhawk Exposition

• 3rd Annual Pebble Beach RetroAuto

• Carmel-by-the-Sea Concours on the Avenue

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Khaki's Ferrari Event

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Automobilia Monterey

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be a bit of Monterey weekend excitement going on so I thought I'd make a poll to see where everyone is going to be.

Please check of each event you think you will be attending. To bad we cant make them all. :D

See you in Monterey!

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I'll be at the Concorso w/ the silver GTV and then 2 days at the track. See you there!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Hey! No one listed the Pacific Grove concourse Auto Rally.
This is a really fun event held Friday afternoon. Car show on the main drag in Pacific Grove fron 1 to 5 pm. Then a tour from there along the coast to the 17 mile drive, into Carmel and up Ocean Ave. to Hwy 1. Hwy 1 north to Monterey and Cannery row. Finishes back at Pacific Grove with a great BarBque for the participants.
Try it!
Randy

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Randy,

Isn't that the Pebble Beach Tour, on Thursday? I understand that PB show cars will be on display in Pac. Grove at noon, then going off (or having returned from) 17-Mile Drive. I've never been to it (but plan to go this year), and they may have changed the event to Friday this year.

·
Registered
98 Posts
After the first day of the races at Laguna Seca on Saturday, does anyone know if the lovely couple (his first or last name is West?) still host an hors d’œuvre/wine party at their home just behind the track?

I'm inquiring for Daron/akitaman and have looked through my recent "Overheard Cams" but have seen no mention of it. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Monterey

Doing everything, eating everything and drinking everything.

Then chillin' for two days in Big Sur with daily massages and facials.

I will be in heaven if Stewart will finish in time putting the **** clutch in the Lancia ...

Pat, the Tour d' Elegance is Thu morning. I think it is best enjoyed on a nice spot on the side of Highway 1, especiaaly shortly before or after a bridge where you see the cars going down and coming up again. I met fantastic people there last year (The owner of the spectacular maroon Maser AG6 Zagato) and had tons of fun. Going donwtown Carmel to see them park is a zoo, way over-crowded.

Here is the link to route and timing. http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net/pages/about-events-driving/index.htm#tour_d'elegance

Mike

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
It turns out I am going to be going last minute (Thurs-Sun). Hate not having a place to sleep arranged first, but everything seems to be sold out now. Hoping I can find a place with cancelations when I drive up. If anyone hears of anything available or if you have a reservation and your not going to be using it please email or PM me. I would greatly appreciate it! Hope to see all the Alfisiti there! Excited, this will be my first Monterey experience.

-Brandon

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Wes and Maggie's? Party

After the first day of the races at Laguna Seca on Saturday, does anyone know if the lovely couple (his first or last name is West?) still host an hors d’œuvre/wine party at their home just behind the track?

I'm inquiring for Daron/akitaman and have looked through my recent "Overheard Cams" but have seen no mention of it. Thanks in advance.
Most of those attending usually meet a little before 4:00 p.m. at the Alfa corral at LS and caravan from there to the house.

I'm sorry I'll miss Daron and Cyndi -- I may have found a way around the Dean's new rule as a result of ADA accommodation that is not met at the "required" function but I won't know until, at the earliest, Tuesday; and I like another poster did not bother to make reservations knowing that I had already been refused the time-off previously. So if it works, maybe next year.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm going and taking 2 friends along that are gear heads but have never seen anything like monterey before. One of them is from south africa.I've been 4times myself and raced there in85 so am really looking forward to returning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts