Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am offering for sale a set of four momo vega wheels for the gtv, berlina or spider. These wheels have led a pampered life since new and had no curb rash. Three months ago they were stripped, repainted factory color and clear coated. I had them on my gtv for photography purposes. I sold the car with the factory wheels hence this offering.

The caps are in excellent condition and fit tight on the wheels. The black and gold center caps have a little hazing but are otherwise in great condition.

New valve stems were also installed. Also new MOMO decals affixed. These wheels are ready for your favorite tires. Arguably they are the nicest looking wheels for the alfa of that era.

A set in this condition does not come up often so do not hesitate to grab them now. I would like someone on this board to get them and enjoy them as much as I did. Price is $1500.
I will assist in shipping.they go 2 wheels to a box.
Thanks,

Maurice
562-225-1809
E-mail: [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maurice Khawam

I am offering for sale a set of four momo vega wheels for the gtv, berlina or spider. These wheels have led a pampered life since new and had no curb rash. Three months ago they were stripped, repainted factory color and clear coated. I had them on my gtv for photography purposes. I sold the car with the factory wheels hence this offering.

The caps are in excellent condition and fit tight on the wheels. The black and gold center caps have a little hazing but are otherwise in great condition.

New valve stems were also installed. Also new MOMO decals affixed. These wheels are ready for your favorite tires. Arguably they are the nicest looking wheels for the alfa of that era.

A set in this condition does not come up often so do not hesitate to grab them now. I would like someone on this board to get them and enjoy them as much as I did. Price is $1500.
I will assist in shipping.they go 2 wheels to a box.
Thanks,

Maurice
562-225-1809
E-mail: [email protected]

Maurice Khawam is the seller of the above wheels.
I had what turned out to be a rotten transaction with him, which I will relate here as a notice to others to be wary of him.

--

Maurice recently sold me another set of MOMO Vegas he had, that he described as being in superlative condition, "even nicer" than the ones pictured above. Here's what he wrote:
"I think you will not find a complete set in such a good condition any time soon."
"One of them is actually a new wheel that was in a closed dealership and never used."

Sold!

But then, after receiving my full payment, Maurice demanded more money to cover his expenses, which were somewhat higher than he anticipated. To me, changing the terms of an agreement after it has been agreed falls into the category of "bad form"; but demanding more after one party has fulfilled his side of the deal is something much worse than that.

After I sent him the extra money, the wheels arrived in a condition that I think would not meet anyone's idea of "superlative". Here's an example:

If it's not clear from the picture, that wheel is pretty badly scratched on the outer rim, and has really mediocre paint quality. Two of the remaining three wheels also arrived with obvious damage and poor paint quality. I wish I could say that the damage shown above occurred in shipment, but the box this wheel arrived in and its packing were in fine shape.

Also, one of the wheels had weird paint issues that again did not meet my expectations given the exceptional description Maurice gave:

And finally, I received only two of the four promised center caps for these wheels. This is especially disappointing, since Maurice described the Alfa insignia in the center caps as being in particularly good condition on all four caps. Why he would send only two of the four center caps is a mystery, unless he had only two to begin with. Further, I wouldn't describe the two caps he did send as being in particularly good condition:

When I sent all this information to Maurice, I received a kindly-do-not-contact-me-any-longer response, and then nothing at all after my last emails. Had I known Maurice would not stand behind his description, I would not have bought these wheels from him. Live and learn, I guess.

So, the moral of the story is be careful when dealing with Maurice Khawam.

--

Apologies to the AlfaBB community for the public smear campaign. Maybe Maurice is just in the midst of hard times or whatever, but... he really misrepresented what he was selling, he squeezed me for more money after I had already paid, and then he showed no interest in my dissatisfaction with the wheels.

I hope this prevents someone else from repeating my mistake with Maurice Khawam.

-Jason
WA, USA

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maurice Khawam is the seller of the above wheels.
I had what turned out to be a rotten transaction with him, which I will relate here as a notice to others to be wary of him.

--

Maurice recently sold me another set of MOMO Vegas he had, that he described as being in superlative condition, "even nicer" than the ones pictured above. Here's what he wrote:
"I think you will not find a complete set in such a good condition any time soon."
"One of them is actually a new wheel that was in a closed dealership and never used."

Sold!

But then, after receiving my full payment, Maurice demanded more money to cover his expenses, which were somewhat higher than he anticipated. To me, changing the terms of an agreement after it has been agreed falls into the category of "bad form"; but demanding more after one party has fulfilled his side of the deal is something much worse than that.

After I sent him the extra money, the wheels arrived in a condition that I think would not meet anyone's idea of "superlative". Here's an example:

If it's not clear from the picture, that wheel is pretty badly scratched on the outer rim, and has really mediocre paint quality. Two of the remaining three wheels also arrived with obvious damage and poor paint quality. I wish I could say that the damage shown above occurred in shipment, but the box this wheel arrived in and its packing were in fine shape.

Also, one of the wheels had weird paint issues that again did not meet my expectations given the exceptional description Maurice gave:

And finally, I received only two of the four promised center caps for these wheels. This is especially disappointing, since Maurice described the Alfa insignia in the center caps as being in particularly good condition on all four caps. Why he would send only two of the four center caps is a mystery, unless he had only two to begin with. Further, I wouldn't describe the two caps he did send as being in particularly good condition:

When I sent all this information to Maurice, I received a kindly-do-not-contact-me-any-longer response, and then nothing at all after my last emails. Had I known Maurice would not stand behind his description, I would not have bought these wheels from him. Live and learn, I guess.

So, the moral of the story is be careful when dealing with Maurice Khawam.

--

Apologies to the AlfaBB community for the public smear campaign. Maybe Maurice is just in the midst of hard times or whatever, but... he really misrepresented what he was selling, he squeezed me for more money after I had already paid, and then he showed no interest in my dissatisfaction with the wheels.

I hope this prevents someone else from repeating my mistake with Maurice Khawam.

-Jason
WA, USA

Hello Everyone,
One word of advice: avoid JASON FRAUTCHI like the plague. This guy is a confused person trying to restore a car that is way above his head. I went out of my way tohelp him and even split the refinish cost of the MOMO wheels with him. There was a slight difference in price with the last set that I refinished because of the material cost increase that I also split with him. My last set was refinished 2 years ago. I even submitted copies of the receipts to him for the work. I even put new MOMO decals on the wheels for me at no extra charge. I shipped the wheels to his shop as he instructed since he was on vacation. I put in the caps 2 to a box myself and sent them with delivery confirmation. The box was opened by someone at his shop and he claims 2 of the caps were missing, what a blatant lie!!!!!!!!

He contacted me after I had the wheels stripped and wanted to cancel the transaction because he found a different set of wheels he wanted and I told him I had already delivered them to the paint shop. This guy JASON FRAUTCHI is anal and an absolute moron. The wheels were packed well and the scratches shown could not be the result of a poor paint job but most certainly from his mishandling the wheels that he has received 3 months ago!!!!

If he does not like the color or refinish, I am sorry but that is the best I could do for him. He can always change the color himself, but that is not the issue. The issue is he is struggling to fiinish restoration on his car and is frustrated as he is not able to afford it so he is trying to take it out on someone else.

What a shame we have members like that on the forum.

I have sold parts and cars to people on this board from all over the world and never encountered a jerk like JASON FRAUTCHI. Avoid, avoid, avoid.......

Should anyone out there like to see the receipts, I will be more than happy to send them. Also, I sold the wheels for $1000 and only charged him no more than $300 to refinish them as I split the cost with him. Who is really greedy and ungrateful. You be the judge. The wheels had no curb rash, no dents or damage whatsoever. In fact one of them was an old stock that was sitting in a dealership unused since 1974.

What is this word coming to. JASON FRAUTCHI you are DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Without jumping too far in here, I will say that the Vegas on offer are not factory color - they should have the dark areas as in the replicas available out of the UK:

WH041 REPLICA VEGA STYLE 14x6 INCH WHEELS - SET OF 4 - Classic Alfa

I did the same thing with my BWA Sportstars - powdercoated all one color - and I like the way it turned out. Vegas do look great on a GTV, for sure.

Best,
Jason

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MOMO Vega finish

Hello everyone,
MOMO vegas had 2 kind of finish from the factory:
1. Solid color all the way through. I know because I bought a new set from the US distributor back in 1983.
2. Two tone with black inserts like the replicas.
Thank you,

Maurice

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maurice Khawam

Who is really greedy and ungrateful.
Well, one of us got everything he demanded, and the other got a set of wheels that fell far, far short of what he was led to expect. So OK, I cop to being ungrateful. But greedy?

you are DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!
To me, what's disgusting is that one of us didn't care about the huge disparity between what was promised and what was delivered until I publicized my sad adventure a few days ago. That speaks volumes about character.

he is struggling to fiinish restoration on his car
!!! ... I'm restoring a car?!?

what a blatant lie!!!!!!!!
Lie? There's no lie in anything I wrote. The shop found no center caps in the first box to arrive, and then emailed me about the wheel damage. That's before I ever got my mishandling paws on them.

Anyhow, the pictures don't lie. They point to someone who deserves to be regarded with caution, which motivated my earlier post.

-Jason

·
Registered
429 Posts
Momo Vegas

You guys be the Judge...

I bought the Momo Vegas from Jason together with a brand new set of 14x6 GTA replicas he advertised here on the BB. They arrived at my doorstep last week exactly as he described.
Jason was HONEST! Jason was very patient with me since I had to send him a personal check. He NEVER rushed me or pressured me because they were other interested parties in the GTA wheels.
The GTA wheels are brand new and have never been mounted and 2 of the Momos are NOWHERE close to being pristine in shape as described by the previous seller, Maurice. They need to be refinished due to scratches and other defects. The set came with 2 original silver caps (I think) and 4 black remakes with new Alfa center logos.

Bottomline: What would Jason's motive be in "attacking" Maurice if he ultimately lost $$$? He (Jason) sold me the set of Momos for a mere $200 plus shipping which was around $30!

Jason LOST $$$!

My .02: I have nothing but praise for Jason for being honest and trusting and patient with me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MOMO vegas

The damage you see on the wheels was not there when he received them by his admission that they were well packaged. You think about it, even if the painter wanted to put those scratches on the wheels, he would not have been able to do it!!!

The wheels were mishandled and the two missing caps were taken by someone who opened the box addressed to him c/o of his shop while he was on vacation.

He himself said he was working on a Junior in that shop and that is why he initially bought the wheels and while they were in paint changed his mind because of a small and insignificant material price increase that I split with him. Enough stories.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
refinished MOMO with a caps as photographed before shipping to Frautchi

Hello everyone:
Attached is the exact photo of the 4 MOMO vega wheels with 4 caps that I sent to Frautchi after refinish. As you can see all 4 caps were there and the wheels were in much better shape than he photographed. Since he stated that they were well packed, the damage he describes could not have been on them before shipping. Moreover, since he was not the one who opened the first box as he was on vacation, how can he assert that the two caps were not in the first box.

This is a smear campaign that will surely hit him back smack in the face!!!

What a liar FRAUTCHI.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Maurice Khawam

Funny, that's the same picture that convinced me to send you the extra money you demanded! What's the phrase? Fool me once, shame on you...

-Jason

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FRAUTCHI, after all I submitted in terms of photos and receipts you still do not want to admit that the exact wheels and 4 caps pictured were sent to you then as I said before and I will say it again: You need help boy, you really need help.

Shame on you and not anyone else...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts