Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Momo wooden steering wheel that I would like to fit to my 1974 GTV. When checking the Momo USA website, they have Alfa Romeo hubs, but nothing detailed for the GTVs.

Does anyone know if one of the other hubs will work? For example, an early spider hub?

Thank you,

Frank

·
Registered
149 Posts
Both Classic Alfa and Alfaholics in the UK have hubs to fit a Momo to a 1974 GTV (I know, I've just bought one). They both have standard hubs, Alfaholics also have a CNC machined hub of very high quality (but naturally more expensive).

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
I have a Momo wooden steering wheel that I would like to fit to my 1974 GTV. When checking the Momo USA website, they have Alfa Romeo hubs, but nothing detailed for the GTVs. Does anyone know if one of the other hubs will work? For example, an early spider hub?
Frank:

When you say "early spider", how early do you mean? My Centerline catalog shows a different hub for the 750/101 series cars than for the 105's. And your 115 has a different hub part number as well. According to the Centerline catalog, the same hub fits '69 - '74 GT's and '69 - '85 spiders. Why not just buy the hub from them - they'll know what will fit your Momo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jay, I'm a newbie to the Alfa world. I've looked at the Centerline website but do not have their catalog.

This is great information. Are these Momo hubs?

Frank

·
Super Moderator
11,132 Posts
Jay, I'm a newbie to the Alfa world. I've looked at the Centerline website but do not have their catalog. This is great information. Are these Momo hubs?
I don't have a clue. My advice would be to call Centerline and ask them. Request a catalog while you have them on the line.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have a Momo hub and it has part number 1002 stamped on it. I purchased it about 15 years ago along with a Benetton Momo wheel.I went back to the stock set up and this set up sits in a display cabinet in the living room.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Smithy, very helpful. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
There are two types of Momo hub for the GT, depending on which wheel was fitted when it was new.

The "early" hub is for cars with a flat (generally black plastic rim) steering wheel, the late is for the more dished wood rim wheels. Your 74 GTV will need the "late" version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts