Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The original set of molds that I commissioned here in Seattle to produce carbon fiber or fiberglass hoods / bonnets and trunks / boots from are for sale. They were professionally produced here in Seattle by a master glass guy doing layup work on high-end boats and Porsches and they cost me 2,800 dollars to produce BEFORE any pieces were pulled from them!

I'll take half - or consider trades for 24v engine cores, or something else perhaps?

Only one carbon fiber piece each was ever pulled from them and those were sold to a buyer in California 4-5 years ago, so they are brand new. The pieces that came out of them were first rate. I want to be clear though that these are only the molds for the outer skins and that the undersides are completed by laying up foam manually and then glassing over those from X-braces! You could also splash the undersides of a hood and a trunk to make molds to pull inner parts from and then mold those together with the outer skins!

Email me via [email protected] or call me at 425.941.4747.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are properly manufactured pieces! Here is a link to the original thread on the molds and pictures of the first pieces pulled from them - http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/milano-75-1987-1989/19054-us-based-milano-body-kit-works-5.html

The first two pieces pulled from these molds were completed by laying up braces and foaming over them as described in my previous post and it worked and looked great!

Also, I just want to be clear that these are not the molds that we have in California from which we pulled a run of carbon fiber hoods and trunks here recently, but these molds can be used privately to pull your own parts and I would not take exception to any new owner who would choose to pull additional sets to sell. You buy these molds and you would own them to do with as you see fit!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some of the original shots of the molds and the first set of parts pulled from them…

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are produce "over-edge" and then trimmed. As you guys can see the fit was 100%...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On these shots of the undersides you can see the layup of the X-bracing!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This particular customer chose to prime his parts for paint, but you can leave them in a bare CF finish if you chose!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last couple...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump-Bump...!

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
These molds are now sold!

I do have one of the carbon fiber hoods left over for sale here in Seattle from the latest batch that we produced down in California - just like what I have on my 3.7 and on my 24v street cars.

There is also one complete carbon fiber set -a Milano hood & trunk - for sale from a car that went away before the pieces were mounted, so the owner wants to re-sell those - same price - 950 for the hood and 650 for the trunk.

I also have two sets of the complete replacement all glass front fender flares like those on my 3.7 for sale (without the rear vents), so they look like this - 800 per set.

Email me via [email protected] please or buzz me at 425.941.4747.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts