Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the moisture barriers behind the door cards on the GTV6. I used Carpet Shield self adhesive film from Home Depot - about $12 for a 50' roll. It is tough and easy to install and no adhesive is needed. Starting at one end of the door press the sticky side against the metal and unroll the film while pressing it down. Cut off the roll at the end and trim it with a razor blade. Holes for door handles, etc are easily cut out with the blade. I don't know how it will survive being peeled off for maintenance but it is so inexpensive and easy to apply that it should not be an issue.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Surface-Shields-24-in-x-50-ft-Carpet-Protection-Self-Adhesive-Film-CS2450/205187255

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had to replace the moisture barriers behind the door cards on the GTV6. I used Carpet Shield self adhesive film from Home Depot - about $12 for a 50' roll. It is tough and easy to install and no adhesive is needed. Starting at one end of the door press the sticky side against the metal and unroll the film while pressing it down. Cut off the roll at the end and trim it with a razor blade. Holes for door handles, etc are easily cut out with the blade. I don't know how it will survive being peeled off for maintenance but it is so inexpensive and easy to apply that it should not be an issue.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Surface-Shields-24-in-x-50-ft-Carpet-Protection-Self-Adhesive-Film-CS2450/205187255
Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I partially peeled it back a couple of times to access the door lock mechanisms and it stuck back in place again.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hello alfaparticle: I find your suggestion very useful. A question I have....while you don't refer to doing this, but was there any problem with the Carpet Shield, when placed into the door to let any water drain out the holes in the door, "sticking" on anything, like the window frame when it's lowered?
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stuck it to the metal right behind the door panel and it does not contact the windows or mechanisms. I made holes for the window winder spindles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts